Consequences

Todoroki POV

I was being dragged away from him. What did they want? Why couldn't I go with him? Katsuki assured me that everything would be fine, but it was so hard to take him at his word. The look in Aizawa sensei's eyes scared me. I didn't know if they were more upset at another loss of control from me or the fact that I'd been kissing Kat.

I knew that I would probably be expelled. I'd lost my control too often in the past month. They couldn't have someone with my level of power going off like a loose canon. It wasn't safe for the other students. I didn't care about that as long as I got to be with Kat. Just the thought of him holding me was enough to bring a smile to my face. If he said that everything would be fine, then it would be. I just had to trust him.

Aizawa led me into his office and closed the door behind us. He sat down at his desk and placed his feet on top of the desk, folding his arms over his chest. He looked like he was going to sleep. I turned towards the door to leave. If he was just going to sleep, I was going to look for Katsuki. We'd already been separated for much too long.

"Don't even think about it."

His voice made me freeze. Aizawa was getting old and his quirk didn't work as well as it used to, but he was still intimidating. I paced back and forth in front of his desk. I was restless and wanted to go find Katsuki. Aizawa watched me without saying anything for what felt like hours. A glance at the clock showed it had only been a few minutes. What was wrong with me? It almost felt like an addiction. I craved being near Kat and all the feelings he evoked in me. I'd gone so long with feeling nothing and now I felt everything.

Admittedly, it was overwhelming to my senses and it made it hard for me to focus and sometimes I lost control of my quirk, but I wouldn't change it for anything. He'd unlocked another side of me, and I wanted to keep that. I wanted to hold those feelings close and never let go. After a few more minutes, I glanced at Aizawa. He appeared to be sleeping, so I turned and went for the door again.

"Did I say you could leave?"

I whipped back around and glared at him. I felt flames start to creep up my arm and had to close my eyes and take a deep breath. Kat said everything would be fine. I had to believe that. It wouldn't help anything if I started attacking people again. When I felt like I could be calm, I opened my eyes and looked at Aizawa. He was giving me a considering look with his head tilted to the side.

"Why am I here? What did the principal want with Katsuki?"

"Katsuki, hmmm? I thought so."

"What? Thought so about what? Why won't you let me go?"

"How much do you care about him? Situations like this aren't good for the schools reputation. We can't have teachers in relationships with students. So we have two options. We can either expel you, in which case its no longer our problem, since you are a consenting adult... You are a consenting adult aren't you? He didn't force you into anything?"

Flames once again raced up my arm and I barely stopped myself from shooting fire at him. I clenched my teeth and sucked in a deep breath, swallowing my anger. How could they think such a vile thing about Kat? He was a kind person. He'd never commit such a crime. And in fact, I was the one who had to pursue him.

"I was the one who pursued him! He asked me before he did anything. I had to beg him to have se-"

"Ok, I don't need to hear the details. The other option is that we fire him. If Bakugou is no longer a teacher at this school, then what you two do together is none of our business. Keep in mind, if you are expelled, we will have to inform your father of the circumstances."

I froze, and my exhale was full of ice crystals. My father? They would have to tell him? Fear coated my veins in ice. My father would be furious. For me to be expelled from UA, where he was practically a legend, would almost guarantee his hatred of me. We didn't get along well now, I couldn't even imagine how he would react after my expulsion. But I couldn't let Kat lose his job either. He was everything to me. And I couldn't be the reason he lost his standing with UA. In the end it wasn't even a choice. Of course I would be the one to leave. I would just have to hope my father didn't kill me outright and that I'd still be able to see Katsuki afterwards.

"I'll take the expulsion. I won't be the reason he loses his job."

Aizawa looked at me in surprise before nodding and resuming his uncaring expression. He must of thought I'd let Kat take the fall. But how could I do that to him? He'd given me everything. I could only do the same. That's what you did when you loved someone. Even that feeling gave me a sense of satisfaction. Having to face my father after I got expelled, scared me. But I was willing to do it, if it helped Katsuki. I could do anything for him.

A sense of calm settled over me. This was the right thing to do. I could make him happy. He'd get to keep his job and teach future heroes. They needed his knowledge and tutelage for future generations of heroes. A knock on the door had me turning. Hopefully it was Katsuki, and they would let me say goodbye before I left. The door opened to reveal Principal Nezu, only he was alone. Where was Kat? I glanced behind him, hoping to find Kat in the hall wearing his customary smirk.

"If you are looking for Bakugou, he isn't here. He chose to quit so that you could remain a student here...."

The rest of his words were lost to the roaring in my ears. Gone? Without saying goodbye? He said everything would be fine. He said to trust him! Why would he say that if he wasn't going to be here? Was it a lie? Did he care about me at all? No! I couldn't accept that. The world became a blur. Tears fell from my eyes as I shoved the principal out of the way and took off down the hall. I wouldn't accept this. If Katsuki wanted to get rid of me, he'd have to tell me to my face. I didn't go through all that heartache for a month, thinking he was dead, only for him to come back and leave me again. If he thought I would just give him up without a fight, he didn't know me at all. Determination thrummed through me as I ran out of the gate of UA. I was coming for him, I hoped he was ready.