{Chapter 1}

"AUDITION FOR MICHAEL JACKSON'S UPCOMING DANGEROUS TOUR"

I'm so nervous and overly excited. This is the day. My dreams have finally come true. I've always wanted to go for this audition since I became a HUGE fan of Michael. I learned how to dance, I learned his choreographies by heart, I danced every day and all night long just for this. Now, I'm in the top 50 finalists.

That's a very very large group of people chosen from a thousand of dancers. People from all over the world. I've become good friends with some near me and they're all the way from Japan and Singapore. They told me that Michael's influence in Asian countries is HUGE.

Oh, speaking of Asian, I'm actually a Burmese but I grew up in L.A.

"LAURA!"

They're calling me!!! I run into the hall and there're a lot of dancers with one man standing in front of all of us. We're all on the stage. In the audience, we can clearly see Michael sitting next to his manager and looking at us. OH MY LORD. THAT'S SO EXCITING.

The man in front of us is the choreographer of his songs and he starts to show us moves to follow so that Michael and his team can choose certain dancers among us. We all try the best we can. After a lot of choreographies, he stops and lets the team to choose. They're going to select ten dancers. I'm shaking. I'm confident that I'll be in.

"George"

"Dylan"

Michael's calling names. OH MY GOD.

After selecting seven male dancers, they're going to choose only three female dancers.

"Victoria"

"Charlene"

"Laura"

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT IS MY NAME IN THE LAST. YAYYY. OH MY LORD. HELP ME.

However, some men approach Michael and whisper something to him. He seems sad. Like...really sad.

"Umm, Laura..."

What? Me?

"I'm terribly sorry. I call you out accidentally."

Wait what....?

"It's actually Linda. Laura, I'm very very sorry. Please, forgive me."

I'm trying to hold my tears back and I just smile and bow down. My friends hug me and cheer me up.

After the big audition, I walk out of the stadium and stand alone by the road. I'm at my weakest state. I got to know the real reason why they cancelled me. I heard it.

"She's thick. We can't make her slim during this time. She won't be able to follow our dance steps like others. All dancers need to be in the same shape."

That's exactly what I heard from the team. That's why Michael looked very sad. I guess he wanted to add me? I don't know. I'm so lost.

I walk down the road, holding my backpack in hand and my head lowered. I'm so disappointed honestly. I'm so pissed at myself. I hate myself for having this body-shape. Suddenly, I feel my cheeks are wet. Tears. I can't hold them anymore. But, I keep walking. I take out my fedora and wear it just to hide my face from people. I don't even want to catch a bus. I just keep walking till I get back home.

My parents saw me crying badly on the floor and they tried to comfort me but I couldn't calm myself down at all. Now, I'm in bed listening to Michael's songs on my walkman. My pillow is wet with tears. I cover my whole body with my blanket and cry myself to sleep.