{Chapter 54}

*the plane lands in L.A*

"Thank you for flying with us."

Holding my passport, I calmly walk to the immigration counter and queue.

"Michael Jackson is a what?"

"Pedo-"

"Excuse me?"

I turn back as I hear people talking about Michael.

"He's not a pedophile."

"But the news-"

"They are false allegations."

"But-"

"Then, why would a pedophile make the entire Heal the World Foundation and donate tons of money to children?"

They go silent.

"Miss!"

"Will you excuse me."

I walk to the counter. After that I take my luggage and finally, leave. Lord, people are starting to gossip about Michael in a very bad way. I hate it.

*taxi stops in front of my house*

"Thank you. Here's your cash."

I get off the taxi and go inside the house.

"Laura?"

"I'm home..!"

My parents grab my hand and make me sit down in the living-room.

"Is Michael okay?"

I shake my head.

"Oh my God..."

"Mom, he cried on my shoulders. He has never done it in front of me."

"So, how did this happen?"

My dad is interested.

"The family who have been hanging out with him. They accused him. Especially, the dad. I don't know anything in detail but one thing I know is that there's no way Michael would do that disgusting thing."

"We believe him, sweetie. Don't be worried."

"Thank you...on behalf of Michael, too. He thanked me several times and cried. I-"

My voice cracks again.

"Take a rest now. Everything will be fine, honey."

"Yeah..."

So, I grab my luggage, go upstairs and step inside my room. As soon as I lock the door, I lean on it and sit down on the floor.

"Michael..."

I stare at my posters and cry.

"You don't deserve this, boy..."

As days go on, some people closest to Michael come out, defend him and testify under oath. It's great to see there are many people on his side but the locals aren't very happy. They start to believe those false allegations and begin to call him "pedophile".

That's when my heart breaks into pieces. People seriously need to open their minds and watch the process of investigation before labelling him with a disgusting name. Just think about this... Even his fans', our hearts are broken, how is Michael even doing? Is he strong enough for this?

I'm not saying Michael is a weak man but come on, this is intense. Maybe the most disturbing and intense thing he has ever suffered in his life. And what is worse? I can't be there with him. Well, which fan wouldn't wish to be there with him and give him the warmest hug possible?

I love how Michael keeps on going on tour. There are some changes in tour dates because of his health issues but guess what? He never cancels one. How can he be so caring about his fans? I swear he's broken inside but he still manages to perform the best for his fans. All my respect for you, Michael.

November 12th, 1993

It's been three months. The case is still going on.

'Michael Jackson cancels the rest of his tour-'

I bet something is not right. What is he even up to? The reason mentioned was that he needed to seek treatment for his health issues. He used to be the one I could reach out to and talk to and suddenly, we've lost contact and it's very frustrating for me because I can't be there with him anymore. I pray. I pray for Michael all the time, every day. That's the only thing I can do.....

It's crazy how people are "money hungry". Even... La Toya Jackson, Michael's own sister came out and said that the false allegations are true. However, it's very clear that she was "brainwashed" by her husband who is very greedy and willing to take advantage on Michael of those allegations. What the actual hell is going on..?

Some people tell their stories to the tabloid TV shows. Did you see that? "Tabloid TV shows". I don't care what people think but to me, I bet the tabloid journalists are giving money to those people to come and tell lies. Michael and tabloids. Am I surprised? No. The truth will always prevail. Wait for it.