{Chapter 15}

It's March, now. I've been trying to find a new part-time job around my place but I still can't do. Maybe I should just become a cleaner at the Neverland Ranch, eh? Haha, just kidding! Oh and Michael called me last night. He told me he broke up with Brooke. That still saddens me as I love them together SO much.

He also told me about his new friend. Well, not new but they're becoming closer and closer. Lisa Marie Presley. Yes, you guessed it. The only daughter of the King of Rock & Roll. He said that they talked on phone almost every day and that she's so friendly. Glad to hear he's gaining more friends. I just wish she understands him like Ms.Taylor or I do.

The second week of March. I've been hearing some news about Michael...that there's something between him and Ms.Presley. I know I can't believe anything unless it's from Michael, himself. However, I'm also having doubts about it because whenever Michael calls me, he tells me about her a lot. Like...a LOT. I don't know I'm not sure if I should even ask him because that's his personal life which I don't want to intrude at all.

*phone rings*

"Hello?"

"Hello? Is this Laura Reimers?"

Yes, my parents live with an English surname. Not the Burmese name.

"Umm yes. Who's this?"

"Hi, I'm Frank Dileo. Michael's manager."

"Oh!"

"Yes, ahh can I meet you somewhere? I have something to talk with you."

"Sure, where do you want me to come?"

"What about White Palace?"

"Okay, I'll be there...at?"

"4pm?"

"Okay then. I'll be there."

"Thank you. See you soon."

"Sure."

We hang up. What in the world would Michael's manager want to talk to me? Anyway, it's 3pm so, I should be preparing now.

At 4pm exactly, I arrive at White Palace.

"Ms.Reimers!"

I think that's his assistant or something? Of course Mr.Dileo must hire a private room. He's Michael Jackson's manager.

"Mr.Dileo's inside. Please go in."

"Okay."

He opens the door for me.

"Nice to meet you, Ms.Reimers."

"Just call me Laura. Nice to meet you, too."

We shake hands and sit down, facing each other.

"I don't even know where to start. Umm..."

"Please make yourself comfortable."

"No no no. I'm good. So, ahh..."

He's very hesitated.

"Do you know..."

Lord, I'm freakin curious.

"No... Okay, I'll just say it. I think Michael has feelings for you."

Wha..........t?

"Excuse me..?"

"I'm being honest."

"No, I believe you but... Why do you think so?"

"He's talked to me about you several times."

"Uh huh?"

"That he somewhat likes you."

"Oh..."

"He says he wants you to be with him all the time. Also, he loves whatever you say to him. He loves it when you say cheerful words to him."

I'm SO confused.

"So..."

I look at him. He looks really nervous.

"Michael's gonna kill me for telling you this but he's planning on going a trip to Italy with you."

"Ah what?"

"Yes. I think it's next week. He'll ask you in a few days anyway."

"Mr.Dileo..."

"Yeah?"

"Are you sure about what you said before?"

"I'm very sure. He could've even planned to ask you out on that trip."

"Oh no..."

He looks confused.

"Wait, is this making you uncomfortable?"

"Honestly....? Yes."

"Why?"

"Because... I've never imagined him as my...partner. He's always been my idol and a best friend for me. I admire him. But...as a partner..? I'm not sure."

"So, what if he asks you out? What will you say?"

"Please don't tell him but... I think I'll say...no."

"Oh..."

"I don't think I'll make it."

"What?"

"I mean... we both know there are a lot of people and ahh paparazzis around him all the damn time and he IS single. What if he gets into a relationship? It won't be good for him. He'll feel more trapped. I can't let that happen to him."

"Ignore all the people. He wants you, Laura. He is not stupid. He might even have a plan."

"A plan?"

"To avoid all those people."

I'm about to say something but nothing comes out of my mouth.

"See? He only wants you. He doesn't care about them."

"But..."

"Take your time. I came to tell you this because I don't know how to respond to his questions."

"What kind of questions?"

"Will she love me back?"

I. Am. Speech. Less.

"He asks me all the time, Laura."

I'm shaking. My hands are cold.

"Please take your time and think about it. I won't make him expect a lot."

"Okay....."

"So, will you excuse me."

"Oh, sure. Thank you for telling me this, Mr.Dileo."

"Frank."

"Thank you, Frank."

Damn. That "Frank" though. Hehe. He smiles at me and leaves the room. I'm still not sure what he just said. Wow. I'm still speechless.