{Chapter 53}

August 27th, 1993.

Damn it! I arrived at the stadium at the worst time possible. I can hear Michael performing Man in the mirror, which is the last song in the set list.

I go to the main door and.....of course, the two guards stop me.

"You can't go in, miss."

"My name is Laura Reimers. Please contact Michael Jackson's bodyguard, Bill Whitfield."

"You can't do like this."

"Or do you want me to call him myself?"

One of them becomes confused like 'who the hell is she?'

"Wait here."

He goes inside. I've never used this kind of "unfair" method in my life.

"Miss?"

He hands me the 'Volunteer' card with a string.

"You're in."

"Thank you so much."

No sooner do I step in than Bill grabs my hand.

"I'll take you to the dressing-room."

We run as fast as we can to the dressing-room because the song is almost finished.

Bill puts me inside the dressing-room and sighs.

"Thanks for coming here, Ms.Reimers. I'm gonna bring him here."

"Thank you so much."

He closes the door and leaves. As I turn back, I see a lot of Michael's clothes and other accessories. Not a good time to say this but I'm pretty glad to see how Michael Jackson's dressing-room looks like.

I walk around and find a fedora. I bet that's the one he wears during the Billie Jean performance. I put it on my head and look at the mirror. I still remember how Michael put it on my head and made me look into the mirror in Bucharest. Good times.

"LAURA?"

With a very loud door opening, Michael stands there with his eyes wide.

"Michael..."

Then, he closes the door, runs to me and hugs me. He's so tired and sweaty.

"How are you even here!?"

I push him away. With tears filled in my eyes,

"Was that what you've been hiding from me?"

Michael covers his face with his palms and looks away from me. I pull him to me as I wrap my arms around him and give him the warmest hug. I snuggle my face into his chest. I can't say a word. I start sobbing.

"I'm sorry..."

I said it in the most cracked crying voice.

"I left you alone in that-"

Michael suddenly holds me and rests his head on my shoulder.

"Shhh... You never left me."

"Michael, I'm so sorry..!"

"No, no..."

I feel his tears dropping onto my shoulder.

"Michael..."

I cup his face with my palms.

"Are you okay..?"

"I will be..."

He takes off his jacket and wipes his tears on his face.

"So, how did you arrive here?"

"I've heard everything."