{Chapter 43}

It's mid-May now. So, that means it has really been two months that Michael and I are dating.

"So, Laura..?"

I'm at the dance studio by the way.

"I think you have a boyfriend?"

Bethany and I are that close now.

"Yeah, I do. How do you even know?"

"You've been really happy since I met you. I sometimes hear you talking to him and calling him 'love'. That is so sweet."

"Awwwn, thank you..."

But I sigh.

Since the beginning of May, Michael and I don't see each other as frequently as before. Of course, we talk on the phone all the damn time but we just don't meet in person at all. He's been busy attending conferences and awarding ceremonies. My little busy-bee.

Oh, and he's been spending more time with the Chandlers. He even goes for a sleepover at Evan Chandler's house to spend time with his son, Jordy. They have fun, they go to fun places and they also spend time at Michael's Century City condominium.

Speaking of spending time with that family...., I'm sad to say, I mean, to even notice that he's spending less time with me. It doesn't mean that I don't understand him. Well, he's a celebrity, he has tight schedule and he has his own personal life. Yes, I get it but...still.

Michael keeps in touch with me. ALWAYS. He calls me at least three times a day. However, he doesn't call me on the days when he's with that family, of course...people don't know about us. So, the more he spends time with them, the less frequently he calls me. I'll be honest. I feel a bit uncomfortable and sad.

May 24th. The eighth single from Dangerous album, Will you be there, is released worldwide. Damn. It should've been released earlier. It's one of the most beautiful yet emotional songs from him.

*phone rings*

There...

"Hello?"

"Hey, babe! How're you doing?"

"I'm good..! You?"

"Well, not the best."

"Hmm? Are you busy now?"

"No, I'm on my break."

"Oh."

"I'm at home. Mind joining me in the dance studio?"

"I'm interested."

"I'll be waiting."

"Sure!"

FINALLY, I will have to see him after a LONG time.

No sooner do I step into his house than my footsteps become slow. My "very-hyped-to-finally-see-him" self is gone in a split second. I hear him talking on the phone with somebody and telling everything about what he has done nowadays. I mean...he doesn't tell me THAT much... I'm serious.

"I'll call you later!"

He runs out of his room and hugs me.

"God, I miss you!"

I just hold him back gently.

"Me too..."

My voice sounds emotionless.

"Wait-"

He looks at my face. I know my face looks sad and I also know that he'll find out.

"What's wrong?"

"Umm, nothing?"

"No... Something's wrong."

I look at him and sigh.

"Who was that on the phone?"

"Oh, Lisa."

"Lisa Presley?"

"Yeah!"

"Oh."

"Why? You look so uncomfortable."

"Let's just go into the studio."

I walk fast to the studio and he follows me along. Then, I lock the door.

"Hey..."

Michael holds my shoulders.

"Talk to me."

He makes me sit down on the floor and he also joins me.

"I don't know, Michael. I think I'm good."

"No, you're not."

"I am."

"Laura Reimers, you cannot lie to me and we both know that."

His voice deepens and he gazes into my eyes. Okay, he's very serious and that scares me a bit.

"Just answer me this and I'm good."

"Okay."

"Do you still love me?"

I don't even know why I said that. Of course, he does!

"Baby, of course, I do..! What's making you think about that? Did I do something wrong? Tell me. What did I do?"

"No, Michael...maybe because we don't see often."

"Come here..."

Michael wraps his arms around me and kisses me on my lips. I've been missing this kind of moment for a long time...

We spend some passionate time for a while and then, we start jamming to our favourite songs. As usual, I go back home only in the evening.

I feel lighter. I know Michael still cares about me but now that I heard it with my ears, I feel a lot better. Ugh, Laura Reimers, you need to calm down. You're not dating a normal person. You're dating the worldwide star. *sighs*