{Chapter 38}

As I come back home,

"I'm home!"

I walk upstairs as soon as possible. I still don't want to look at my parents.

"သမီး"
(Trans : sweetie/daughter)

I. Am. Shocked. I turn back with my eyes widened and see my mom.

"...ရှင်?"
(Trans : ...yes?)

"အဖေပြောတာကို အဲ့လောက်ခေါင်းထဲမထည့်နဲ့"
(Trans : Don't keep what your dad said in your mind...)

I lower my head. Yeah, true, my mom understands me a bit but she just can't stand by my side when she's with my dad and I don't know why. Maybe she's scared of him?

"သွားနားတော့"
(Trans : Take a rest now.)

She heads to her bedroom. I sigh and just walk into my room and lock the door.

*phone rings*

Damn, Michael, I just came back.

"Hello?"

"Babe, are you back home?"

"Yeah."

"How's the situation?"

"Not bad? Still haven't seen dad but yeah, everything's fine."

"Okay, I'm just worried so..."

"Haha, thank you, love."

"Do you notice that you're calling me 'love' for some time now?"

I grin.

"Of course."

"So, this is not an accidental name?"

We both laugh out loudly.

"What even is that!?"

"Well, you called me 'baby' back then and said that it was an accident!"

"HAHAHA. I remember!"

"Take a rest, girl. You've had a long day."

"True. Bye, Michael. I love you."

"I love you more, baby."

We hang up. Yes, we didn't fight. *chuckles* I change into my pajamas and listen to my current favourite song on my walkman-

'I just want to touch and kiss and I wish that I could be with you tonight...
You give me butterflies...inside...inside...'

Then, without my own notice, I fall asleep.

Michael and I don't date or see each other till the end of March. Hehe, he's busy taking care of his little friends - Jordy, Lily and June Chandler. The family I once saw when I went to his house.

They have quite a sad story, especially Jordy. He's the son of Evan Chandler. The father is abusive. But then, he met Michael and he's having the best time of his life that he's never had. I heard him saying that Michael is like a father to him. Awwwn, my man is so caring. I don't normally see them but Michael's been telling me about them on phone so yes, I know about them quite well.

Now, I'm out and about on the streets of L.A. Time to search a new part-time job! As I studied business in college, I know I can get a job in some places quite easily but guess who lost interest in it and kept dancing? Hi.

'Dance instructor needed!'

That poster caught my eyes. As I continue reading the details, it's said that the person must be above 30, skilled at basic and foundation moves and be able to teach any person of any age. Damn, I wish I could do that but I'm 28. Ugh, two years!