The Birthday

The next morning I wake up at 5. I put on my running clothes and go downstairs. In the kitchen I run into Andy stuffing his face with cookies.

"what are you doing up?" I ask.

He starts. Andy turns around with his mouth full. He stares at me then swallows.

"Nothing." He hides the box of cookies behind his back.

"Are those cookies mom brought yesterday." I say trying to look behind him.

He shifts so I can't see. "No. I'm not up. Your not up either. You're dreaming. Go back to bed."

"I'm not dreaming. I'm going for a run and your eating all our food. Bye."

"Bye. Oh and don't tell anyone what you saw in your dream okay." He says and goes back to the cookies.

I don't answer and walk into the hallway. I put on my running shoes and open the door.

"Woah!" Sammy says. He's standing right in front of the door, hand raised to knock.

"Sorry." I say grinning.

"It's alright." He says and grins back.

I walk out and close the door behind me. Sam follows me down the steps. When i turn back at him he's still grinning.

"Why're you smiling?" I ask scowling.

"I- Nothing it's just really good to see you agian." His smile gets bigger.

"Aww. Did you miss me." I tease.

"Maybe a little." He says. "Now let's start running."

He turns away from me and starts to jog out onto the street.

"Hey! Wait up!" I say and run after him.

We've jogged around the whole neighborhood 6 times and Sam still isn't tired. I mean i'm not either but usually by now the person i'm jogging with (Jazzy) would be complaining.

"Are you tired?" I ask him.

"No. Are you?" He says.

"No. It's just that when i'm jogging with jazzy she starts complaining after 2 rounds."

"Ha. Jogging with Jazzy. Sounds like a Tv Show."

"Jazzy needs a Tv Show." I say.

"You said she's your best friend, Right?" He asks.

"Yeah."

"Wow. You guys are so different."

"Really? How?"

"Well she seems outgoing, loud, bright, and bubbly and your more chill, sweet, nice, funny and cute."

"Aww. You think i'm cute." I tease.

"and chill and sweet and nice and funny." He says while blushing.

I smile and poke his arm. "Don't worry I won't tell anyone"

He smiles at me.

We run 2 more rounds then say goodbye because I have to go home for the twins birthday party.

When I get home I take a quick shower and run into my room to change.

I put on blue denim shorts and a white crop top. I brush my hair, wear a white scrunchie on my arm and spritz perfume all over.

When i'm ready I go get my gifts from my suitcase.

Out in the hallway all the boys are gathered around the twins room.