Chapter Five

Skye woke up from sleeping and she got up and walked outside and noticed that Everest's snowplow still wasn't here. "You would think that she would come back by now." said Skye as she got worried. She went back inside and saw Jake searching all over the cabin for Everest. "Hey Skye. Have you seen Everest?" said Jake. "No I haven't. That's what I was gonna ask you." said Skye. "Well where could she be?" said Jake.

Skye thought about it for a moment and then it hit her. "I think Zuma found her." said Skye as Jake got worried now. "Well we gotta find her." said Jake as he went in his room and grabbed his machete. "Where do you think she could be?" said Skye. "I don't know. But we're just gonna have to search for her." said Jake. "Wait! I have an idea." said Skye as she pressed her pup tag and called someone. "Who are you calling?" said Jake. "Hello Skye. Ace here." said Ace as Skye smiled at Jake.

"Hi Ace. We need your help. Meet us at Jake's cabin." said Skye. "I'm on my way. See you soon, Skye." said Ace as she hung up and got in her plane and began to fly to Jake's Mountain. Ace made it to Jake's Mountain and saw Skye and Jake waiting outside for her. "Where's Ryder and the rest of the pups?" said Ace. Skye didn't want to answer that because she would probably break down in tears. "They're gone. Skye and Everest are the only ones left." said Jake.

"What happened?" said Ace as she was concerned. "Zuma happened." said Skye. "What did he do?" said Ace." "He snapped. He became evil, took over the city and he killed every pup except for Everest and I." said Skye. "Ok. I'm sorry for everything that happened to you Skye." said Ace as Skye smiled. "Thank you Ace. But now, we have to find Everest. We believe that Zuma has her." said Skye. "Say no more. You want me to search throughout the air and spot them." said Ace.

"Exactly." said Jake. "Well, what are we waiting for?! Let's go!" said Ace as she got in her plane and Skye and Jake got in his vehicle. "Let's go save Everest." said Jake.