Chapter Ten

Skye and Everest were sniffing everywhere, seeing if they could pick up any scent. Skye succeeded and she caught the scent of the kittens. "I caught something. It smells like the kittens. It's coming from over there at the building." said Skye as she, Everest, and Jake headed to the building. Everest then caught the scent and it was really close. "That's really close to us." said Everest. "Yeah. Almost as if they are right next to us." said Skye as she looked around, but saw nothing.

All of a sudden, the Kit-Tastrophe Crew jumped from above and landed on Skye and Everest, scratching and biting them. "Hey! Get off of them you ferocious felines!" said Jake as he started to yank the Kit-Tastrophe Crew off of the girl pups. Then out of nowhere, Jake was blasted with a ray blast and was sent a few feet back. "Jake!" said Everest. Harold and Mayor Humdinger then revealed themselves and charged at Jake and started to beat him up.

Skye and Everest were about to help Jake out, but they were ambushed by the Kit-Tastrophe Crew once again. As Skye, Everest, and Jake were getting attacked, one more culprit revealed himself. And I think you all know who we are talking about. "What a surprise. What's left of the Paw Patrol is failing." said Zuma as he smiled. Mayor Humdinger lifted Jake up and locked him in a masterlock and Harold began to punch him in the face over and over.

Everest saw this and she kicked the kittens off of her and she charged at Harold and started to bite his leg. "Get off of me you mutt!" said Harold as he aimed the ray gun at Everest, but it was then kicked out of his hands by Skye. "This again?" said Mayor Humdinger. All of a sudden, Jake elbowed Mayor Humdinger on the nose and he released the hold. Zuma started to frown as he saw his crew failing him. Jake then charged at Mayor Humdinger and began to punch him constantly.

Skye and Everest took care of the Kit-Tastrophe Crew and then focused on Harold. "Don't do this!" said Harold as he stood in front of the girl pups, in fear. Skye and Everest growled and then Harold retreated. "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!" said Zuma as he was furious. Jake then kneed Mayor Humdinger in the face and he was out cold. Skye, Everest, and Jake stood in front of Zuma and he was outnumbered.

"It's over Zuma. Stand down." said Jake. "You really think that I'm gonna give up?! There's something that Skye always knew about me. And that is that I am always ten steps ahead." said Zuma as he did a cartwheel with his Pup-Fu and he grabbed the ray gun and switched it to self-destruct. He then kicked it at Skye, Everest, and Jake and then he ran away.

"Uh oh." said Jake. Then, the ray gun beeped and then another explosion occured.