U7 vs U6! - Signs of Awakening!

Third person POV

Y/n and Whis were training, Y/n managing to sort of keep up with him, while Goku and Vegeta watch in awe.

Y/n: * pant * You're something else Whis-sama...

Whis: Why thank you. Though you are quite the fighter for a mortal, and at the age of 23 no less.

Y/n chuckles mischievously as he rubs the back of his neck.

Y/n: Aw, shucks Whis-sama.

Whis: Now let's see if Goku can keep up. Oh Goku, you're up!

Goku: Yes!

He pounds his fist in the air, clearly excited to face off against Y/n. He then flies over, about a good thirty feet away from Y/n.

Y/n: I hope you're ready Dad... I won't go easy on you.

Goku: Well, that's good, I'll do my best and we'll see who wins.

Y/n: Simplicity is nice isn't it?

Goku: I guess...

Y/n: Whatever, let's go!

Goku transforms into a Super Saiyan Blue, while Y/n closes his eyes and opens them again after a moment and they go from E/c to silver-ish and he gets a silver aura with a blue-ish tent, perplexing his adoptive father.

Goku: What the...?! That isn't Kaioken or anything I've ever seen!

Y/n looks down at himself, completely clueless, but looks up as he hears Whis clapping.

Whis: Congratulations Y/n, you've taken your first true step.

Y/n, still absolutely dumbfounded, turns to look at Whis for confirmation of what was just said by the blue skinned man.

Y/n: I... What?

Whis: Taken your first step... To obtaining Ultra Instinct that is.

Goku and Vegeta both gasp in shock while Y/n looks at himself.

Y/n: But... How?

Whis: You'll have to figure that out.... Begin!

Y/n: Whis wait I'm not rea-

He cuts himself off as he spins around and catches Goku's fist with extreme ease and surprising finesse.

This time, Y/n gasps, Goku is visibly shocked as well.

Whis: This is exactly what I was hoping for! Now... Oh my, we'll have to postpone this little match.

Y/n looks confused, but then looks in the direction Whis was looking, unnoticed by almost everyone, his Ultra Instinct dissipates, effectively wearing off.

However, Y/n's Ultra Instinct didn't go unnoticed by the slightly blushing Vados.

Vados: Whis, care to explain?

Y/n looked at the blue skinned woman who looked like a female counterpart to Whis.

Whis: That is Y/n, my most powerful pupil, isn't his training coming along nicely sister?

Y/n: Sister?!

Vados giggles, finding the Earthling's reaction rather cute.

Vados: Yes, you adorable thing you, I am Whis's elder sister, but you may simply call me Vados.

She winked at the now blushing Y/n.

Champa: Hey! We're not here for flirting!

Y/n snaps out of his bashful state.