1

The Oxford dictionary describes prostitution as the practice or occupation of engaging in sexual activity with someone for payment. It's also illegal and only the lowest of low people would find themselves caught up in it, at least that's what society says. You see it happen in movies; mostly scantily dressed, trashy-looking women offering their services to rich business men. But I've never actually witnessed anything of the likes first hand, that was until now.

What was I, a teenage male who was raised in a strict, Christian household, doing sitting in an office at a gay club that was known in the underground for being a central meeting point for gay prostitution? It was my new friend, Justin's, idea. I had been kicked out of home a month or so ago because my Jesus-loving parents found out that I'm gay and they gave me an ultimatum: either "turn" straight or leave. I was sick and tired of pretending to be straight for so many years so I just left. If I had known how difficult my life would have gotten then maybe I would have stayed and pretended to be straight.

I had no other family and my friends wouldn't take me in so I ended up living on the streets of a city in California. I had no job experience so it was impossible for me to find a job so it got to the point where I was practically begging for money from strangers. Things went from bad to worse when another homeless man stole the few belongings that I had brought from home. I ended up going back to my parents and pleading with them to let me come back, but they didn't want an abomination like me living under their roof.

To be honest, I was ready to just end my life then and there, but then I met someone, Justin. How exactly did I meet him? Well he came up to me on the street and said one thing to me; "how much?" He thought I was a prostitute selling my body on the street and once I told him that I wasn't he said that I had the right kind of look that a lot of guys were after; small and pale with a pretty face. Justin stayed and spoke to me for a while longer and I told him my situation. He then told me that I could make money if I got into prostitution. The thought disgusted me at first, but I was desperate for the money and this seemed to be my only option, so that's how I found myself seated in the office of the club, waiting for the boss or whatever to come in and see me. Apparently going through one of the underground agencies is a lot safer than just finding clients on my own.

I was nervous as hell as I waited. I could hear music outside the room and also the sounds of moaning. When I had come in and was shown to the office I had to pass many doors and it didn't take a genius to find out what was happening behind them. I was starting to feel a little anxious waiting here until the door opened and someone walked in. I turned around to see a man come in. He was maybe in his mid-twenties and was dressed casually.

"Kellin, right?" He asked as he pushed the door shut and walked around to the other side of the desk. He held out his hand for me and I reached forward to shake it.

"Um, yes, I'm Kellin." I said, my usual shy nature coming through. Damn it, I wanted to at least act confident.

"Jaime." He said with a smile. He sat down in his chair and I leant back in mine.

"So you're like, the boss or...?" I questioned. I wasn't sure what to call him. What do you call someone who runs an illegal prostitution business?

"Something like that." He said with a smirk. He leant forward, putting his elbows on the table and he looked at me, just examining me. I probably looked a mess right now. I usually managed to stay clean by using the public showers by the beach, but my clothes were definitely getting worn out.

"Well you've got the right body and look for this business. Can I see some I.D?" He asked. I nodded and tossed him my I.D. My wallet was the one thing I had actually managed not to lose.