20

After Vic and I got in that argument I didn't see him for the rest of the day. He went to work pretty early, I guess to do damage control after what happened with the cops. I had spent the rest of the day moping around the house, mostly in my room because I didn't feel comfortable with wandering around his house. I didn't particularly feel welcome here anymore even though Vic had brought me back here again. I knew it was only a matter of time before he kicked me out again.

I had other plans though. I have nothing left to lose now. I had held back my feelings for him because I knew it was all about business for him and I didn't want ruin my chances of getting involved in the business by making things awkward between us. However now there wasn't that standing in the way. What's the worst that could happen if I tell him how I feel? He could either get mad and kick me out, which is what he's going to do in the end anyway. Or there's the slim chance he'll feel the same, and I was already at rock bottom so I may as well take the chance. I just didn't know when or how.

It was late that night, or very early morning, when Vic came home. I only knew he was home because I heard a smashing sound down stairs and him swearing loudly. I jumped up from my bed, not bothering with putting on more than my boxers, and ran downstairs, flicking the lights on to see what had happened. He was laying on the floor near the door, surrounded by broken pieces from a vase. He was laughing now and I could just tell he was drunk.

"How much did you have to drink?" I asked as I walked over to him.

"Hey, don't you play the parental figure with me. You're the child." His words were slurred, confirming my suspicions. I went over to him, being careful not to step on the broken pieces, and helped him up.

"Yeah, I'm the child." I said sarcastically, "I'm not the one coming home at 2AM drunk and recklessly breaking things. I'm the one sitting upstairs all night being responsible."

"Responsible? Ressssponsssssiiiibllllllle." He sounded out the word slowly as if he were fascinated by it. He was so drunk right now. I could smell the alcohol on him and as I walked him towards the stairs he could barely stop stumbling even with me holding him.

"Why did you drink tonight?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Because everything is fucked and it's all your fault." He said. Well that hurt. I guess people are brutally honest when they're drunk. We didn't say anything else as I helped him the rest of the way upstairs and down the hall to his room. I took him in and dumped him on the bed, not helping him take his clothes off because that would probably be over-stepping yet another boundary.

"Get some rest and I'll talk to you tomorrow." I told him and turned to walk out the door.

"Yeah, sure, go. What a fucking surprise." He muttered. I turned to look at him. He was staring at the ceiling.

"What?" I asked, a little confused.

"People always leave, ya know? They leave or they lie. How am I supposed to let someone in? They're all fuckers...well you're the best fucker. Literally. I mean you're great in bed, but now you're like twelve and that ain't cool. Oh no no no, not cool." He rambled on. I ignored the comment about my age as I realized something else about him. He was so vulnerable right now. It was a side of him I don't think I had ever seen before. He had told me once before that all of his boyfriends leave when they find out what his job is, but it only really just clicked now that he was still so afraid of people leaving him and that's why he doesn't want to get close. There are so many things I wanted to say to him right now, but I knew it wouldn't be right because he's so drunk, so I would wait until morning.

"Good night, Vic." I spoke to the man who already looked like he was about to pass out. I turned and left the room, shutting the door behind me and went to my own room for another restless night of sleep.