10

"Wait a minute." Vic said to me before I got in the limo. I turned to look at him and he stepped towards me, his eyes fixated on my chest. He reached out and started fiddling with my tie, "This isn't on properly."

"Oh, sorry." I said. I really had no idea how to put on a tie. I can't even remember a time when I had worn one. My parents always tried to get me to every Sunday for church, but I always refused and they gave up. Today though I felt like I had to make some sort of impression and this charity ball thing seemed like a big deal so I didn't want to show up looking casual.

He fixed my tie and then reached past me and opened the limo door. He moved to the side and let me get in first before he got in after, shutting the door behind him. Vic pressed a button near the door and spoke into the intercom just giving the chauffer an address. When he was done and the limo started moving, he turned to me.

"I'm going to give you a little run-through of what to expect tonight, alright?" He asked. He was sounding so professional and business like, much like he had when I first got here. I had to admit, yesterday I think I felt something for him. I wasn't exactly quite sure what it was, but he had this really sweet and affectionate side to him that I found myself getting all worked up over and for a moment I thought that maybe I was starting to like this guy. But as soon as he started being all professional again I had to remind myself what kind of relationship we have here. He is my boss and I am just an employee. I am here to learn things so eventually I can get out into the world and make my own money. That's it. So whatever stupid thing I felt yesterday, I had to push it away. Besides, it probably wasn't anything anyway. It was probably just me liking the affection, that's all.

"Alright." I finally answered.

"Okay so, here's our story; we are a new couple. We met around a month ago at like, I don't know, a fucking bookstore or something, and I asked you out on a date. We have been casually dating since then. If anyone asks, which they will, tell them you're a college student studying...well I don't know what, you can make that up. Pick something you know about in case you get asked questions about it. Uh, you live by yourself in an apartment near the college. You have a good relationship with your parents and everything is just rainbows and butterflies, so basically just lie through your teeth, okay?" He asked. I just nodded. It shouldn't be that difficult to lie to a bunch of strangers. I mean, I've been lying to Vic about something this whole time and I haven't let anything slip.

"Good. So anyway, when we get there just stick by my side and be your usual quiet self. We'll have to mingle with a bunch of people, but for the most part we'll try and dodge the social interactions. I'm not a fan of talking to my parent's friends and colleagues anyway. Um, then there'll be a dinner and dancing, then my mom will probably make a speech about the charity and then we can get the hell out of there." He explained. It all was okay except for one thing.

"Dancing?" I asked in horror. He smiled at me.

"Yes, dancing. Don't worry, you'll be fine." He said and placed his hand on my thigh. It was supposed to be just a reassuring touch, but he didn't take his hand away. We sat in silence for most of the way there. His fingers were drawing little patterns on my leg, but I don't think he realized he was doing it. That's the thing with Vic, he was so naturally affectionate but I don't think he even knows it. That's just what he's like.

We were getting further into the richer parts of the city now. Vic finally took his hand off my thigh and I let out a breath that I didn't even know I was holding. Honestly, I'm being an idiot! I can have sex with him and be fine about it, but he does something as simple as touch my thigh and I feel like I can't breathe. Vic leant forward and opened something which I saw was like a mini-fridge and it was filled with small bottles of alcohol.