8

"So what was that about me being your boyfriend?" I asked as I did my pants up. The now fully clothed Vic looked over at me.

"My parents don't know about what I do and I'd appreciate it if you played along." He said and I nodded in understanding.

"What exactly do you need me to do or say or not say?" I asked while I slipped my shirt back on.

"Just act couple-y. Don't talk too much and let me answer most questions. Don't let anything slip about what I do as a job. All they know is that I own some clubs around the city, that's it. Mike knows though but he's sworn to secrecy. Just let me do the talking. Act like your usual shy self." He told me.

"Okay." I said, nodding.

"Good, you ready?"" He asked. Once again I nodded. The two of us left his room and went down the hall, the stairs and into the living room where his parents and brother were. I looked away from them all, my cheeks turning red at the memories of what happened earlier. I followed Vic over to the couch and sat down on it. I noticed his parents had opted for bringing chairs in from the kitchen. I don't blame them for not wanting to sit here after what they just witnessed. His brother on the other hand was at the other end of the long couch, sprawled out on it.

"So, Vic. Why didn't you tell us you have a boyfriend?" His mom asked. She smiled brightly at me.

"Yeah Vic, why didn't you tell us about your new boy toy?" Mike asked. Vic looked past me and at him, glaring.

"Shut up, Mike." Vic snapped, "And I didn't tell anyone because it's a new relationship and I didn't want you all meddling."

Just by the way Vic was talking I could tell that he didn't exactly have a loving relationship with his parents. His mother seemed to be like the head of the family and his father looked a lot more reserved.

"Well when did you two meet?" His mom, Vivian, asked.

"About a month ago." Vic lied quickly. Vivian's eyes landed to me and I suddenly felt really nervous, well more nervous than I had a moment ago anyway.

"Are you a gold digger?" She asked me straight out. My eyes went wide and I looked at Vic. He put his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him in a way that comforted and calmed me down a lot.

"He's not like that." Vic assured them. "Stop interrogating him and get on with why you're here."

"Very well. I have a charity b-"

"No." Vic cut her off before she could finish her sentence.

"Honey, you didn't even listen to my request." Vivian said.

"I didn't have to. You have a charity ball and you want me there so you can look like a family person. Well it's not happening. I told you last time that I was done with this. It's not my thing." Vic said. He sounded heated and my reflex was to put my hand on his knee and squeeze it a little to make him relax. He looked at me, frowning a little so I figured I had done something wrong and went to remove my hand, but he put his over it, lightly running his thumb back and forth.

"I want you to think long and hard about who has the rights over your trust fund until you turn 21, before making a decision." Vivian told him. Vic groaned, his grip tightening on my hand. He was definitely angry, or at least annoyed with them.

"Fine. When and where?" Vic asked. His mother stood up, rifling through her hand bag before handing Vic a sheet of paper.

"It's this Saturday. The address is written there. Dress in your best and bring your boyfriend with you." Vivian said. What?! I have to go to?