Perfect ✔

M I L E S    P O V

Have a suit fitting today so do the groomsmen who are my close friends Tyrone, Ross and Jaxs. The fucking wedding is in two weeks. Tried my hardest to get out of it. My father got furious told me to man up stop acting like a baby. Yeah, maybe I am acting like a fucking baby, but he's ruined my life.

I am with the guys getting our suits fitted. We all have the same colour grey. I have a different colour tie to the others. "Miles, have you met her yet?" Ross asks me.

"Nope, it is still a mystery. But I know she's given the wedding planner attitude." I say while looking in the mirror.

"So, what is going to happen if you dislike her?" Jaxs adds.

"I will keep my distance from her. She is not spoiling my fun. I am still going to party. I'm not letting her ruin my life." I said with a harsh tone. Pissed off with the entire wedding thing. 

It is giving me fucking nightmares. We all leave with our suits. Went back to my home relax for the afternoon.

**********

Relaxing on my sofa watching TV, not got a clue about what I am watching. To be honest I am thinking about this fucking wedding. So not ready to get hitched. I'm young don't want to be tied down to a girl. 

Walk into the kitchen to make myself a coffee. I'm thinking about the girl in the cafe. I had not seen her there for a couple of days. She could be having time off or on a different shift. Get my coffee walk back into the lounge to sit on the sofa. Sip my coffee put the cup on the table. 

My doorbell rings. "Fuck, which is all I need," I said aloud. Walk over to the door open it; my father is stood with his arms folded. 

He looks in a fucking mood I wonder what I have done wrong now. "Dad," I said he walks in close the door follow him towards the kitchen.

"Miles, you should be sorting things out for the wedding, not fucking lounging around. Son, you need to grow up." He is in a pissed off mood.

"The wedding planner is sorting things out with the fucking girl." Yelling at him.

"Your fucking attitude needs to change. I am sick and tired of you complaining like a ten-year-old spoilt brat. I have already asked you to man up." My father folds his arms. I could see his muscle tense the veins in his neck are noticeable.

"Dad, I just want to know why this contract was made?" I ask. Resting back on the counter. My father rubs his face slides his hands in his trouser pockets.

"I had been close friends to the father of Kia. His wife died ten years ago, he needed money to pay for the funeral to pay for the rest of his mortgage. He asked me if he could borrow two-hundred and fifty thousand. I thought about it. I watched his daughter who was only eight. Listening to how she spoke her mind it made me smile. She reminded me of you, I offered him one million there and then on the spot. Offered him a deal he could not refuse. Giving him two million if he would consent to his daughter marrying you when she turns eighteen. He did not hesitate with his answer he said yes. I contacted our lawyers got a contract written up. Told him that when his daughter marries you, he will get the two million." My father looked at me I could see he felt something for this girl. Is it his fatherly instinct? Or is it that he did not have a daughter?

"So, her father does not care about her?" I had to ask.

"No, he does not. Soon as he got the one million, he shipped his daughter off to boarding school. But he did make sure it was the cheapest one. I went over to see him a few times, but our friendship was no more. I would sit with Kia she would give her father attitude she did the same to me. Watching her grow from an eight-year-old little girl into a beautiful woman. And son she is beautiful, not afraid to work. I know in time you will see her differently I hope you will see past her sassiness." My father laughs.