The Wedding Reception ✔

K I A    P O V

One day I will have a purpose and be happy to have friends. One day my life will be my own. ONE DAY, ONE DAY, ONE DAY, but not today.

Sit on the sofa, looked at my hands. Thoughts about the people I had to meet to thank them for coming. So, the best thing to do is to be my normal self. Which is going to be hard with what had already happened to me so far today?

Need to be polite. Tomorrow it is back to reality. That's my best option at the moment. Make small talk shut up, smile. Stepped into the bathroom, it is huge. Shake my head, wash my hands, wait.

Admire myself in the mirror, seeing my entire body, including my bottom half. Turned sideways, admired my figure. Not taken much notice before, but wow, I am looking good. It could have been the dress that is making me look good, but who gives a fuck.

There is a knock on the door, opened it smiled. Miles is stood in a different suit. Am I meant to have changed? Well, if I am meant to, did not have anything here to change into. "Our first guests will arrive shortly." He informs me, offers me his arm.

"Thank you," That is all I would say.

**********

We enter the ballroom wow it is elegantly decorated. Still look like a tramp. I do not fit into this lifestyle. I am from the real world where you struggle to pay a bill then fall behind. Spend the rest of your time playing catch up.

The bill does not get any less because the bastards put interest on. Having a rant now, god I wish life could be simple. Where you go to sleep wake up work get paid, pay the bills. He shows me to our seats, we sit wait in silence.

This awkwardness between us is not helping. "Miles, I didn't want this wedding any more than you did. But it happened. So, when this day is over. I will keep my distance you can go on with your life as normal." Breathing a sigh of relief that I got that off my chest.

"Kia, you are right I didn't want this wedding. I will also keep my distance we should only meet for formals or if my father asks us to attend dinner." He says smiles.

Offering him my hand we shake. Glad we got that sorted.

***************

M I L E S   P O V

She knew what I had been thinking about. We both did not want this so, it is only fair that we keep our distances. Meet when I have formals when my father invites us to dinner. Our first guests arrive.

We stood stepped to the front of the table to greet the guests as they walk in. Some are giving me envelopes, the gifts are placed on the table behind us. Kia is polite thanking everyone for coming.

Sometimes they would give Kia an envelope she would pass it straight to me. "We have only got a few more people, we will be done," I said with a smile.

"I am glad. My mouth is dry from saying thank you to everyone." She said. Reached behind on our table pick up the glass of water to pass her.

"Thank you," She says rolls her eyes. I laugh shake my head. She takes a sip places the glass on the table smiles at me.

The groom's men show up they are loud when they start to talk to me. Glanced over at Kia she clasps her hands in front of her bows her head stares at the floor.

"Miles, you should have joined us. We went to a little pub had a few drinks." Tyrone said looks over at Kia.

"Yep, you should have joined us, but you could not. You are now a married man tied down." Jax says. Roll my eyes seeing Kia smirking; she must have thought it amusing.