Resting

KIA POV

I woke early, and the doctor spoke to me about moving me back to Victoria hospital where my doctor is, and he is waiting for me.

I asked the nurse if I could have a phone... I am now going to ring Miles's father and get us out of this marriage.

"Mr Winston, I need to tell you I have Leukaemia and I would like this marriage to end," I say.

"Kia, I'm so sorry to hear that. I will look after you." He says.

"Ed, it's not fair on your son. There's nothing between us so it would be better to have a divorce." I say pleading.

"Kiandra, I will sort out the divorce, but I will still take care of you. You know you are like a daughter to me." He sounds so loving and sweet.

"Thank you. I will travel back in the next hour to Victoria. Miles will make someone a good husband." I say and tears fall.

"Kiandra, I will visit you so we can talk. And none of that attitude of yours," I laugh and so does he. We end the call and I get ready to be moved back to Victoria.

************

MILES POV

I get up and have a shower and dress have breakfast. I did not sleep much I was thinking about Kia and what she is going through. She is eighteen and has no family to support her. It must be hard for her.

My mobile rings, and it is my dad.

"Hi, dad". I say with a sorrowful voice.

"Miles, son I have just spoken to Kiandra," My father was confusing me.

"Who?" I ask.

"Kia, Kiandra," My father says.

"I didn't know her name was shortened," I say and smile.

"Well son, I'm sorry to hear about her illness. We have spoken, and she is still giving me attitude. She asked to end the contract, and I have said I will do that. She said you will make a good husband. You are now out of the contract and the divorce will be final in two hours," I could not believe what I was hearing. I know she said she would phone my father I thought she was joking.

"Dad, I don't want you to do that," I say pleading with him.

"Miles, this is what she wants. She's extremely ill and wants to be left alone," My father sounds so loving towards her.

"Dad, please she's only got us," I was pleading with him.

"Miles. I love you very much and I know I do not say it a lot, just let her be and carry on with your life. You are still young and have so much you could do. Kiandra is extremely ill and I promise I will take care of her," My father was not listening to me.

"Dad. I don't want to find someone else. Kia is fun to be around, and I love her," It just came out and it was the truth. I love her.

"Miles, you need to be with your wife and tell her how you feel. Don't miss the opportunity to tell her how you feel because she might be gone in a flash." My father seemed happy for me and I wanted to be with Kia.

"Dad, I love you," I said.

"I know, son. Go and comfort your wife," My father hangs up, and I put my cup in the sink and turn around and Tyrone, Ross and Jax were looking at me.

"We heard it all," Tyrone says and they all nod.

"I don't know what I'm meant to be doing," I say and they all smile.