Watching The Sun Rise

MILES  POV

Kia seems to be having fun racing around on the jet ski. She is laughing and her face is lit up with so much life. I contacted my father and spoke to him about what she said, and he said that he would take care of her and the divorce would be finalised by the end of the day. I feel like I am losing her, but I did not have her to begin with.

One thing Kia's taught me, is not to take things for granted. I know she never does, and she is always right. She has lived her life struggling and being told to grow up and then not able to follow her dream. I will make sure she is taken care of and I hope we can be friends.

"Miles, we are heading back to shore," Ross shouts.

"Okay. We'll race you back," I shout, and we start to race back.

We put the jet skis away, and a car pulls up. It's my father. I am a bit surprised to why he is here.

"Dad. This is a surprise," I say as I walk towards him. He shakes my hand and then looks at Kia.

Kia walks towards him. I have never seen my father and Kia together, only at the wedding, but that was a passing conversation because we had too many guests.

"Kiandra," My father says and hugs her.

"Hi Ed," She says and wraps her arms around him. I am a little baffled by how my father is acting towards her.

"Kiandra, I told you to call me dad," My father says, and I shake my head.

"If I did that Miles might get jealous," She says, and they laugh.

"Jealous. I'm stood right here," I say with attitude.

"Yeah I know I can see you," Kia says and walks into the cabin with my father.

I turn and look at Tyrone and he shrugs his shoulders. I look at Ross and he smiles. I then look at Jax and he laughs.

"You guys are no help," I say and walk into the cabin.

I could hear my father laughing and Kia talking. Oh yes, she was telling him.

"I walked into the bathroom and he was stood naked, and I took off. I do not want to see that sight again," She says and laughs. My father was in fits. I could see they got on and she felt comfortable around him.

"Kiandra, I'm sorry you had to see something like that. I know it most probably embarrassed Miles," My father says and looks at me. I smile and sit with them.

"Dad, why did you come?" I asked and Kia looks at me then at my father.

"I got something for Kiandra to sign to finalise the divorce," He says, and I look at Kia and she smiles.

"Could this not wait until we get back?" I asked.

"No son it can't. I need to know if this is what you both want?" He asks and looks at each of us.

I look at Kia and she looks at me. She smiles and I smile back.

"Kia is this what we want?" I asked her.

"Miles, I've already told you. I have no feelings for you. I was only annoying you so that you would hate me. Ed, I'm sure," She sounds so positive with her answer and she still will not listen to me. She is not listening to reason.

"Dad, I'm not ready," I say and look at Kia. She looks pissed.

"Oh my god, now's who is being immature. I swear to god. It's you driving me insane," She yells at me and stands up. My father sits back in the chair and watches us.