Road Trip ✔

M I L E S    P O V

Couldn't understand why Tyrone is sitting in the front. When Kia was already sitting there when we arrived to pick them up. Noticed Kia got her book out to read, which she will need this is about a five-hour journey. Stopped got fuel leave.

Cruising on the motorway glanced in my mirror to see Kia gazing out the window, lost in thought. 

We had been on the road half hour before Tyrone fiddles with the disk changer. "Miles, you need some decent music in here," He says Ross laughs. 

Shake my head Kia reads her book, not engaging in our conversation. Jax is sitting beside her, he kept glancing at her book.

"What are you reading?" He asks her.

"A thriller novel," She says, carries on reading.

"Miles, what have you got planned for the week?" Tyrone asked me.

"Just want to relax have some fun," I answer look in the mirror at Kia. She sure is glued to her book. 

Found myself looking at her more than I should. Her beauty her sexy body. Thought back to when I first met her in the cafe. Thought she was beautiful had a hot body. Would go home fantasise about her. Now she is my wife. Wanted to ask her out to get to know her, hope whilst we are at the cabin, we could become friends.

"We will have to go to the little store get some booze," Tyrone says.

"Kia, what drink would you like?" I ask her. She looks at me in the mirror bites her bottom lip, shake my head she laughed.

"Whatever as long as it is not bitter," She replies smiles at me. Her smile had an infectious grasp on you. It is just pure honesty.

"None of us like bitter," Jax tells her while turning his head slightly to look at her. She screws her face up proceeds to read her book again. We had been on the road for two hours.

"Does anyone want a pit stop?" Asking the guys, they nod. Kia is engrossed in her book.

"Kia. We are thinking about stopping," I say she looks up from her book. She nods. This is the quietest I have known her to be. Just give her a book I get absolute bliss. 

Made myself laugh on the inside. Pulled into the services parked up. The guys got out did what they had to. I slide out stretched my legs. Kia is still reading. "Did you want anything?" I ask.

"Yeah. Okay, I am coming," She says puts her book down.

"What are you reading anyway?" I asked her locked the car.

"It is about a husband who takes insurance on his wife for a lot of money then tries to find a way to kill her off," She says we walk towards the shop.

"Yeah right," I say.

"Honestly, read it for yourself," She says with a serious look. Shake my head she jumps on my back. "Give me a lift, please?" She asks so sweetly. 

She wraps her arms around my neck, grab her legs give her a piggyback. Remembering doing things like this with my past girlfriends now I am doing it with my wife.

************

K I A   P O V

Looked at Miles in a different way than I used to. It is like we are becoming friends. He moved into the house that I grew up in, he bought it. It would be nice to be friends. He is the only person I have to talk to; he is my family.