Knowing The Truth ✔

M I L E S    P O V

It's been a week since Kia, and I married. Not seen her in the cafe that I get my coffee from. Maybe she is on a different shift? Met with the guys in the afternoon at the cafe. 

We sit just talk about random things. Tyrone looks at me. "Miles, I asked the girl behind the counter where Kia is. She told me the manager had to let her go just over a week ago." Stared at him, confused. 

That would be why I have not seen her. Needed to talk to the manager, find out why she left.

"Had no idea. Still not heard from her. She is keeping her distance as she said," Respond taking a mouthful of my coffee. 

Should ask my father where she lives, but he would know what is going on. Walk back up to the counter. "Could I speak to the manager, please?" I asked.

"I will get her," The girl behind the counter says. 

Peering over at my friends, they shake their heads. Needed to know why Kia is no longer working here. A middle-aged woman steps out with the girl.

"Is there a problem?" The manager asks.

"Just enquiring where Kia is?" I ask.

"I had to let her go. Didn't have enough work to keep paying her. She had been the last one to join us," She tells. 

Thought it had been something she had done. But, it's not Kia's fault, not enough work.

"Thank you for your help." Went to step back to the table.

"Kia is working in the next town in a restaurant called Expectation's," The manager tells me. I smiled stepped back to the table.

"Kia's working in the next town at Expectation's," I said to the guys. They all stop what they are doing glaring at me wide-eyed.

"That is just fucking great," Tyrone spits. He looks at me shakes his head. 

Tyrone's older sister Nicole owns this place with her husband Byron Gregger.

"Tyrone, calm down. Only wanted to know if she had a job. It is not like I need to see her." I said trying to reassure Tyrone. 

Tyrone's family cut his sister off from any money, all to do with Byron. He wanted the money. When he found out that Nicole would not get anything. 

He tried to blackmail Tyrone's family, so they got the police involved. Nicole sided with Byron. But she did not like the fact that she is cut off from the families wealth.

"Miles you need to get Kia out of there. Byron will use her. We all know that he is a pimp," Tyrone is very serious. 

It did make me think. Kia's got a hot body if Byron's beady eyes have seen her she could be in trouble. I need to find out where she lives to warn her.

*************

K I A   P O V

Not found anywhere to live. I'm also looking for another job already. Nicole is just using me as a dogsbody for all the dirty jobs it is pissing me off. I work all sorts of hours get fucking peanuts. 

Written a letter to tell her that I am leaving. At the bus station to get my bags to make my way to the launderette to do my washing. Having very little funds. 

Sit in the launderette waiting for my washing. Thinking of going back to the house to see if I could get some of my clothes. Hope it is not too late. Fold my clothes leave to head back to my workplace. Nicole had been understanding so this is my last shift.