Sparks between

During Jake's concert, everyone is having a blast, dancing, singing and enjoying the nightlife. Bass Guitarist is hoping to see the wonderful, cute violinist, Crystal. After every song he searches into the crowd, scouting for her, but the crazy crowd is jumping to the beat of the music making it difficult to find her.

Half time, as the group is outside taking a break and talking about the first half of the gig. Jake feels a light tap on his shoulder and turns to see a girl who he couldn't recognize. She smiles and takes off her glasses and hat.

"Crystal! What are you doing here...and what's up with the...outfit..."

"What is wrong with my clothes? It was hard to pick out an outfit without my maids helping me."

"Maids? Just how shelter are you...ugh...never mind...how did you get here?"

"...well...I thought you will be thrill to see me..."

Jake places his hand on her shoulders as his are lips drawing closing to hers. Unsure what to do as she blushes lightly as she thinks he is going to kiss her. Instead of a kiss, he gives her a bumping her head.

"Ouch!" She rubs her head as a small bump starts to form. "Why did you do that? Is it because...you are angry with me?"

"I'm only mad because you waited until the very end to see us...but I will forgive you."

She sighs with relief then the buzzer goes off giving the group a five minute warning until the next half.

The band performance is better than Crystal has hoped for. The experience feels special seeing the group live in person with a crowd. Towards the end of the Jake walks off the stage and comes back with a violin in his hand.

He walks through the crowd and finds Crystal. She is surprised by his action where he hands the violin to her.

"Take it." He instructed. "And show them what you can do."

She holds the neck of the violin to pluck the strings testing the pitches. Jack is pleased with her respond and he leads her back to the stage where his band members await for his command.
His band members and the crowd are puzzled with his action and are not expecting for another encore.

"Is everyone ready for one more song?" He gets the crowd's energy ready and with a surprising guest and encore.

Jake strums some notes as the crowd hollers with excitement. However last minute he changes his mind and places his electric guitar down to grab an acoustic guitar. Everyone is puzzled with his choice of instrument.

Usually the acoustic guitar is ideal for gentle and rhythmic choral strumming. Yet, the crowd is drawn to him since it means the performances may become more personal and intimate. Then he heads for the microphone and starts off with a gentle and upbeat tone as the audience enjoys the soft melody.

Crystal hears the tempo as she plays to match. The two have start off with a beautiful song then the rest of the band is about to pick up and play along with the rhythm. Then Jake sets down the acoustic guitar and picks up his electric guitar again giving the same soft song a different vibe like whereas the crowd loves how classical meets jazz.

The song ends however Crystal takes deep breath and starts off another beat. The pace is different compared to the previous song. The quick changes and powerful strikes with her bow give the crowd another taste of classical music meeting rock. Jake plays off from her beat and everyone is shock and couldn't believe a violin and electric guitar could create a well arrangement.

The night ends well with everyone satisfied then the crowd leaves as the place becomes empty. The rest of the band members are putting their instruments away and Jake is alone with Crystal.

"So tell me again..." Jake asks and has a tough time accepting Crystal's story. "...how did you get here?"

"Well, I skipped my dinner by telling a little fib and I waited until my maids were done with their night duties. I climbed down my window, took a secret path to reach out of the house where a cab secretly waited upon my arrival."

"Wait...first you lie then cheat the system, had a secret, then escaped...and where is your room located?"

"Why? It is on the 3rd floor..."

"What? How could..."

"Please, try to understand, and this is not my first time sneaking out. However there is a slight problem...the home has a security alarm system and it will ring if someone opens it, therefore, I am stuck here until 5am."

"5am...and what are you going to do during that time?"

"Well...if you must know...I was planning to stay with you until I can go back."

He stands up as the table shacks and the glass cups are almost knock off. Jack becomes dumbfounded by her plan.

"Are you crazy?"

"Oh, please! I beg of you! I promise I would not be any trouble to you. I will even volunteer to sleep on the floor!"

Bass Guitarist overhears the conversion and he buds in their discussion wanting to give the little lady a hand.

"Hey, I'm sure she doesn't take much room, but if Jake's not being a gentlemen to you, then please be my guest and stay at my place."

"Why, that's very kindly of you, but I hope that I am not a burden to you."

"Oh no, the pleasure is all mine and we can also play a fun game so we can get to know each other more."

Crystal welcomes his offer then responds. "Well, as long as I have your permission to stay for the night, when shall we leave?"

Jake is shock from how easily she accepted the Bass Guitarist's offer. In the end, it is her choice so he doesn't care. Despite him not caring the two left him quite bitter about the outcome of the situation.

"...idiot...she trusts too easily...whatever..."

He goes back to putting his things away then another of his band member, Drummer notices how careless Jake has become with the equipment.

"Are you sure that you should leave little red riding hood with hungry wolf?"

This statement makes Jake nearly drops one of the expense cases but he catches it only raging to defend himself.

"W-why should I keep a close eye on her?"

"Don't act stupid...what kind of girl will sneak out just to come all this way just to see you and she was great during the encore stage."

It seems as if Jake isn't connecting the dots or perhaps he is ignoring any signs of romantic. After all, the young man does lack in that department as he is label within the group of friends as being 'dense'.

Yet Drummer tries to guilt trip him again by using different tactic.

"And...Jake I heard a lot of the audience stating that there was some sparks between you two...during the last couple songs..."

"...whatever...if you are trying to make me go and get her...think twice..."

"Oh, I don't have too...because...this whole time...you have been rechecking your text messages...just go after her..."

Jake is unsure what phrase of action to take next as the band member goes and flicks the light switch off thus ending the night.

Meanwhile, Crystal arrives at Bass Guitarist's apartment which is across town. Both have arrives safely towards the front door.  

"Before we go in..." He said. "...please, don't mind the mess."

"No need to worry...after all, I am sure it will be alright."

She spoke too soon as the place is covered in dirty laundry as some where hang by a handmade line. The floor is covered in DVD's and music sheets are scatter everywhere. There is leftover food and old crusty takeout containers, crusty tissues, with a messy bed in a corner of the room. He is embarrasses and tries to clean around him making a seat for her then draws his attention to the dusty the table.

"Do you want something to drink?"

Crystal unbuttons her coat then sets it aside then she politely rejects his offer. The young woman doesn't want to make it harder on him because he has offer so much and is allowing her to stay the night.

"Oh no, please do not make any more trouble for yourself. I am very grateful and humble that you will take me in for the night."

"If you said so. It is kind of awkward if we just sit here and stare at each other...do you want to play a game? It will kill time and we could get to know each other more."

On Jake's way home the nightlife is just about to become rowdy after all it is the weekend.  He reflects what his band member said to him.

"Sparks? Yeah right...there is nothing between us."

He says that but has stopped in the middle of the street while looks at the color lights from the buildings while trying to attract customers to buy goods or play slot games. The smell from the food stands displaying their goods and hoping to earn some cash. Despite everyone is having a great time enjoying their time off, on the other hand, Jake walks alone towards a quieter side of the street away from the chaos of the crowd.