Hydrangea

A week later Crystal is schedule to performers near a district art building. Butler is backstage with the Mistress. She is looking into the crowd as if she is hoping to spot someone.

"Mistress, are you ready?"

"Am I being too silly...hoping that he will come..."

"Are you speaking of that young man? Do you remember that night...when I asked you if you wanted to end the lover's quarrel...on a bad note..."

"Quarrel? We...I mean...I was...just...not myself that night...please do not put the blame on him..."

"It is a pity that...you were not able to keep in connect with him yet you visit the Autumn Banquet Hall whenever you can."

"I-I was just...passing by..." She pouts about the facts so Butler states value information and speaks the truth again even if Crystal wants to hear it or not.

"Is that so? Explain why...whenever we are driving through the streets...you stare at the window as if you wish to catch a glimpse of for him...and just the other day, you requested to make a stop at Abba café."

"T-There is nothing wrong with a change of scenery..."

"Lastly, I find I highly interesting whenever you hear an electric it makes you quickly turn to find if it is him."

Crystal can't deny how much she wants to see Jake it pains her to leave that night on short notices and how foolish she was. All of the places where he took her, she does her best to remember.

Once she goes there, nothing has changed, the scenery is the same, people are everywhere but he is all what she wishes to find.

"Why? Why does it hurt so much? I just...do not understand..."

"Mistress...I have taken care of you since the day when you were born...you're such a happy and lovable child with so much love to give...you work hard even if you didn't have too...I only want what is best for you...and I want to tell you...it is the person who defines what happiness and love means to them..."

"Is that so?"

"I do not want to encourage or bring you false hope...but I am sure if it was meant to be...he will be there always within your heart."

Hearing Butler's wise words has ensured her feelings. On stage she is able to perform another brilliant recital. Crystal stumbles before placing the instrument under her chin but then she thinks.

...even if...Jake isn't here...I want to express my feelings into the music so the crowd and perhaps the wind can carry my feelings to him...

The index finger plugs some notes on the strings to build the piece softly, a soft and sad melody but strangely something about the piece also makes the listeners feel happy too. After the song ends the audience claps and encores her.

Crystal enters the backstage with many of her personal fans handing her letters, gifts, chocolates and large bouquet of flowers. From the crowd there was a specific person who made the way to give a strange bumble of flowers to her.

Handed in front of her is a large hydrangea. The several little petals that make up one of the large pom pom and the colors vary from different hues of blue.

Crystal can't see who is behind the flora still she accepts it. "I have received many flowers, but these are truly beautiful..." She smells the loveliest floral scent. "...the fragrant not overpowering...the aroma is uplifting...just like..."

Somehow a faint image of Jake appears in the back of her mind. Sadden; Crystal manages to utter something under her breath. "...him...I...I wish he was here..."

"Is that person...me?"

That husky voice catches her divine attention and sounds familiar to her.

Her heart racing, palms are becoming sweaty there she wishes and hopes it would be that certain person.

"Jake?"

She is right, it is him as the two have become extremely awkward.

"If you...like to..." Jack nervously scratches the side of his head and stumbles as he asks. "...go to my concert...."

Butler can easily read the situation as this is Jake's way of making up to her but he is so hesitance to tell the truth. So Butler gives Jake a push in a form of encouragement to ask Crystal.

"...young people...if it takes you this long to make up with her...then allow me to speed up the process...I will allow the Mistress some time to attend your performance..."

Crystal becomes surprised with how the situation turns out. The truth of their meeting was planned by Butler.

"After all," Butler said. "I could not bear having the Mistress become depress and the pain of seeing her sadden is something a Butler should not have to go through. Beside, Jake you did promise to take care of her."

"...ugh...he search on his own and found one of my teammate's fan club...there he baited the girls with some exclusive photos one of our performances."

She turns back to Butler. "Jake does not speak the truth...does he? They are just young girls?"