Worlds apart

The day arrives as the empty building is now crowded with talent, money and establish people whereas other only wish to catch a glimpse towards their success. The lot is cover with limbos, cars from oversea and everything is clean, polish and only the best of the best.

Grand Maestro's party is calm, collective, and classy as each guest is dress to par. All the visitors have their own a clear agenda which is to promote oneself by catching as must attention as one can.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the building is another celebration of the everyday people. Wonderful larger than life displace of majestic of artist and the common folk's ice sculptures. There are castle like snow structures depicting winter fantasy from long ago. An ice rank full of children skating as each one holds onto their parents for balance. Jake and his band are located in the center of the Winter Jubilee.

The energize music is a great addition to the fun as the crowd jumps to the beat, young girls screaming for their bias, stroll lights flashing and everyone in a bliss. After Jake's band performed, Bass Guitarist is talking to a group of girls who want to establish an official club.

While Drummer pulls him away making sure he isn't slacking off then in the far back, Jake and another band mate are packing their equipment away.

Not from far the Hall Director spots them within the large crowd and makes his way through the whirl of hormonal love struck girls.

"Come on! Get out of here! Go and enjoy the other winter activities!" He shoots away the group then redirects his attention to the band who in the middle of clearing the stage. "Mr. Cadence, I was wondering after you finished cleaning up, I can ask a moment of your time?"

 Some time later Jake is granting and he is out of breath, there some heavy wooden boxes on the floor. Nearly making it to the top of the stairway, Jake is force to stop in order to catch his breath and wipes some sweat off the side of his face.

"H-how many more do we have to carry?"

It turns the band is giving the Hall Director a hand and carries some boxes to the conference rooms.

"Mr. Cadence! Please be cautious of the sound equipment and system. Sadly, the elevator broke down awhile ago...forcing the guests to climb the stairway...I was so embarrassed..."

"Well..." Jake said then faces the large glass windows which showcase the breathtaking winter festival lights and the snow cover landscape. "...at least there is a great view from here..."

The group head upstairs and it turns out they are delivering the boxes to a classy and formal party. He and his band members are out of place with their street fashion compared to the elite line of clothing.

After placing the equipment down, they see Crystal who is across the room. It looks like she is on her way somewhere but Bass Guitarist shouts to her.

"Hey! Crystal!"

There is a faint voice calling for her so Crystal faces in the direction where the voice is coming from. The look on her face tells it all, excited to see her friends yet nervously makes her to them.

"What are you doing here?"

Jake takes a step forward and then sarcastic respond to her. "What? We can't come and crash the party?"

Crystal notices he is not taking her seriously while the rest of the band are drinking the wine samples and devouring the sea food appetizers. Out of turn each guy is arguing as well as fighting over each other over the last tray of treats.

Her patience is tested by them then she becomes sterner because any unwanted attention will stir the guests after all, if Grand Maestro catches them, there will not be any help to wiggle their way out.

"Jake, please tell your teammates to take this seriously and be on their best behavior! If any of you create that much of ruckus and catch Grand Maestro's attention...he will put an end to you!"

"Crystal..." The raspy voice belongs to Grand Maestro while he approaches the group to find the unpleasant boys. "What did I say earlier about socializing with those kinds of people?"

Jake has enough of Grand Maestro's ill comments towards his mates and especially towards Crystal who has done enough but too pleased the difficult man.

"You have our word that we won't be any inconvenience further tonight...besides...it was the Hall Director who begged us to help him...so if you have any more questions or concerns please bring that to his attention."

"Is that so...well, from the sounds of it...it looks more like a bunch of pigs feasting free snacks and drinks...hurry and take your leave...who knows...maybe this place will start to reek like you as well..."

Jake grins his teeth and takes the insults of the man however seeing Crystal there makes him hold himself and he doesn't want to embarrass and have more trouble for her.

"Don't worry...you have my word..." Next he turns in the direction of the group. "...I think we've overstayed our welcome...come...let's go..."

After the two exchange words and dominated glares; Grand Maestro smirks with amusement to have a little puppy barking towards him. He changes the attention back to his daughter then pulls her away.

"Come along dear...you have to prepare for your performance."

"But—"

Before Crystal could bid Jake and his crew fellow goodbye, Grand Maestro has lack of patience and forces her away from them.

Next phase of the night as the soft music has stopped playing in the background. There the Grand Maestro gathers the guests in the middle of the room and gives a short speech.

"Ladies and gentlemen, first, I want to thank you for all coming to this wonderful and beautiful night. Today we celebrate the victory of building a gap and branching out to our relation oversea. Without further ado, please welcome my daughter, who will perform something special for our dear facility, partners, and friends."

Crystal waits until she heads for the main stage. Now facing the audience and takes a brief moment to scans the large crowd for Jake. Her eyes wonder from the corner of the room then set her sight on him. Even if he is too far from her, just seeing his face helps and brushes off any extra nerves.

The small violin sets under her chin and rests on the shoulder blade; her fingers are position onto of the strings. Next the bow is strumming to plays the difficult selected music piece which she has been working to perfect for the last couple weeks.

Applauds wait until the last strike of her bow and then she finishes her performance. The silence room now echoes with the loud cheering.

Grand Maestro puts act as he is all smiles, faking it to the end and escorts Crystal off the stage.

"Please another round of applauds for my lovely and talented daughter. Now, please care to join me as I will host after party by the Logen Log Club!"

At the corner of Grand Maestro eye, he still sees Jake and his band near the door. The two make eye contact then Jake takes it as a sign to leave. Before Jake exits he can hear the endless complements for Crystal.

It is a different world which the two live in as he can't do much but watch her disappearing into the glitz and glamour of a different world from apart from his.