Unexpected turn

Meanwhile, Bass Guitarist and Crystal are playing strip poker and he has almost all of his clothes off thus hint he's losing.

"...how this is possible...you are good at this game...hey, let's play again..."

He quickly stands up and said before heading to a different room. "I am going to the bathroom and once I come back...I will win!"

Crystal chuckles towards his persist to win so she waits for him then there is a knock on the front door. Someone is impatient while repeatedly hammering the door. From there she hesitant to answer the door but it was taking the homeowner sometime to respond. Behind the door is no other than Jake waiting at the door then sighs and questions himself because of his reckless action.

"Why am I here?"

The impatience man waits for someone to answer however he feels as if he is out of his mind.

Now going with his gut feeling is about to leave, but the door finally creaks opens.

"Hello?" It is female's voice belonging to Crystal. "Oh, Jake, what a surprise!"

Jake is glad to see her well yet there is feeling within the back of his mind tell him to be bold. Now he bites his lip then takes a risk to reach and grab onto her arm before she can finish her greeting.

"Welcome...aahh!"

The door slams then the room becomes quiet again until Bass Guitarist comes back from using the restroom.

"Sorry that it took so long...huh?" His special guest seems to disappear without letting him know then he notices her coat is still on the floor near the table with the desk of cards.

Then at the corner of the table his Iphone vibrates and it is a text message from Drummer giving him a heads up. With a slide grin, Bass Guitarist looks out his window and manages to see Jake pulling Crystal away.

"...finally....I was wondering...when he finally has the guts to pick her up..."

Next he reopens his chat box and sends a group text message to the rest of the band mates and includes Jake as well.

It is another cold night while Jake holds onto Crystal's hand as if he is concealing a precious treasure. The two speed walk across the street to beat the busy traffic from the apartment. Jake seems as if his mind is somewhere else while Crystal could keep up with his pace.

"M-may I ask? How far are we going?"

He wants to ignore her question because even he doesn't understand his own actions or why he came over last minute to get her.

"I think..." Jake said and isn't being honest with his own feelings so he keeps it to himself then redirects his answer.

The two stop for at a red crossing light then from there is a vibration coming from the side of his jacket pocket. He becomes annoyed but checks his Iphone finding multiple group text messages from his band mates. Jack checks the importance of the memo only to find his friends mocking him.

Bass Guitarist sends a picture of Crystal's coat which was left behind as the message reads:

Did you forget something? ;)

Then his comment flares other text from the rest of members as they tease and troll Jake to not rushing the night away and be safe. Seeing the text makes him want to destroy his Iphone as he shuts off the screen then restrains himself from outlasting his friends after reading their text messages.

"They..."

His tone becomes harsh and infuriated how everyone is now involved with his personal business.

"...are pissing me off..."

Next he shuts the power off his phone then redirects his attention to Crystal who has no idea why he dragged her out in the cold without a proper explanation.

"Jake?"

The frost bitten wind is chilly whereas she heavy catches her breath as the moisture escapes into the winter frosty air.

"Crystal...your coat...I'm sorry..."

"You do not have to worry...it just seems as if you were in such a hurry so I could not stop you."

Her hands become as ice and her face is slightly reddish from the blitzing wind. Jack couldn't believe why she didn't way to say anything to him. He feels guilty for taking her with such force without realizing what great harm he caused for her.

"My bad...I should have been thinking straight..."

Overall, he is more embarrassed and upset with himself with how the corny situation has turn out to be. To correct what Jake had did wrong therefore, is a softness glow within his eyes whereas he his actions become genuine making Crystal not knowing how to refused his care.
He slips his leather gloves off his hands then reaches for his top coat button and unfastens it loose.

"Jake, wait, you should not..."

From there he unzips the puffy winter jacket then places it over her shoulders. There is a large amount of heat draping over her body then Jake carefully zips the coat while fastening the buttons in place again. Crystal's frozen body is beginning to warm up however, her eyes becomes concern for him. His only sort of warmth is being given to her as she was too clumsy to take her own coat.

Next he targets his wool scarf then gently wraps the long cloth around her neck making sure it is secure. What catches his eye is how knotty her hair has become from all of his fumbling so he lifts her hair free from the scarf then fix it in place keeping her beautiful looking.

"Y-you do not need to be concern over someone like me..."

She is being bashful and isn't sure what do in this kind of imitate situation. Jake is very close to her as if their nose could touch if she wanted too. In the end, she can't refuse his stubborn yet tender care.

"There...Crystal, are you warm enough?"

"...I..."

Before she could give him a direct answer, his large and lukewarm hands touch the sides of her red cheeks. The sudden and shock of heat placed on her icy face makes her heart flutter. Jake affectionately holds the side of her head then slightly combs through her hair.

From there, he rests his forehead against hers in such as lovely way as if the two were a couple.

"...if yes...then I am glad..." He manages to utter something where she can feel his warm breath disappearing into the cold air. "...that you are warm...now..."

The cross light finally flashes green whereas people cross the street and continue on with their plan compared to them who are stuck in time and soaking in the moment. At last, he reopens his eyes to finding her at a daze as she is at a lost dreaming the moment.

Jake strokes her cheeks again as her body is circulating the heat well. He grins with the great results of her warming up but then hears a loud and unfamiliar noise which ruins the moment.

"F-forgive my stomach..."

She slouches into her shoulders as the large scarf nearly covers her innocent yet, embarrassed face. Before she could start her sentence again, her stomach growls for attention.

Jake sighs with relieve and he responds. "...how about we go and eat somewhere? It's not good to be starving and cold..."

Now the two are resting inside of a fast food joint and it is quiet after the dinner rush. Some are dining and the people are scatter within the room as everyone keeps to themselves. Jake switches his phone back on to find a massive blowing up messages from his band mates teasing him again.

Bass Guitarist sending him messages labeling the team leader as snake while the rest of the gang are mocking his heroic act saving the lost and innocent lamb from the wolf's fangs, while Jake is busy dealing with his friends as Crystal is munching on something tasty.

There is sauce on the side of her cheek and her lips are cover in grease yet, she uses her hands to eat because there is no fork or spoon. This is first time as her hands are soiled from eating sloppy as she unsure how to eat the meal. With each careless bite some of the fillings are falling out of the patty.

"Wow! What is this called again?"

He sighs and drinks his soda. "A double cheese burger...arg...I can't believe that you haven't eaten stuff like this before."

"Well, this cheese burger is quite delicious...and I really enjoy the honey spicy chips on the side!"

She has the happiest grin and just seeing her smile made Jake feel good inside, but he didn't understand why.

"Hey..."

Jake works the courage and asks her what happen at the apartment which was annoying him to the death.

"Did he...did he do anything to you?"

"...who...oh, him? No, he was a gentleman with no ill manners. We did play a card game, but I won so many times. It was a simple game and those questions were so elementary and it was a guarantee win."

The young man sarcastically asks. "Is that so?"

Then he reaches across the table and gives her some napkins because the slight of seeing her so messy is too much and embarrassing.

"...do I even want to know what kind of card game you two played..."

Crystal accepts the napkins and then wipes her mouth. "But, do you think we were rude to leave without giving him proper notice?"

Jake is acting childish because he didn't like how she was overly concern about his friend despite wanting to know more her.

"...um...was there a problem?"

The woman softly asks because she had a feeling something was wrong. "...I want to know...was it a burden for me to accompany your friend?"

Jake was hoping for her to drop the conversation instead of bring it back up. There is a moment of silence as Crystal starts to feel unease as if she did something wrong. From there she becomes over worrying about something that he thinks is so trivial.

He speaks. "There is nothing wrong for you wanting to stay at his place...but...you saw what a dump his place was...it is cramp and a messy...besides...you didn't let me offer my place to you..."

What a surprised, Crystal didn't expect Jake expressing how he felt when she took off with one of the band members. In the end, how could she have known what he thought obviously Jake didn't show much of a reaction when she left with the friend.

"...does that mean..." Crystal thinks there is still hope for him to change his mind. "...you are giving me permission to stay the night with you?"

He is being bashful then nearly chokes on his drink from there Crystal hands him some paper napkins.

Jake wipes his mouth then cleans the split on the table. His lips tremble while he nervously speaks.

"D-don't...say that so casually and loud..." He quickly turns around making sure no one heard their private conversation. "...after all, if I didn't take you...where else could you have turned to?"

"...well...then...if I am staying over...is your place far? It is very cold tonight and I will not want you to catch something that will hinder you from your practice."

"I am fine. I am wearing layers and have on a thick sweater."

"But—" Somehow, she is being quite cute making a scene and isn't going to let him off easy after all of the trouble he made for her.

The two head for the underground subway and takes it over town to reach Jake's place. He hands her the ticket and teaches her how to scan it. At last, both are riding the train, Crystal has never taken public transport before so everything is new to her.

"So...this is...what a subway looks like..."

"Oh, is this going to be another exciting adventure?"

Jake is not enthused and jokes about the matter of the situation. He holds the bar for leverage while she stands next to him then copies him.

It is just the two of them until a ruckus group of young people who enters the platform. Some smell of strong alcohol and cigarettes as the others are trying to keep the loud members under control.

From there, Jake reacts and places his hand onto Crystal's lower torso to draw her closer to him. Awkwardly the two are pressed against each other yet, he makes sure she is secure within his arms.

Jake nudges to her ear and whispers. "Stay close..."

Crystal looks back at the noisy group and understands she needs to be more aware of her surroundings. The restless crowd is louder than the moving subway as Crystal can't help as her attention is being drawn to them. She faces Jake who is wearing earbuds and listening to music from his Iphone.

While he is entertain and distracted by his playlist, Crystal is force to listen to the drunken pack nearby. The faint tune echoes a soft and jazzy tone and makes her curious to what Jake is listening too.

"...how rude...I want something pleasant to listen too..."

Crystal utters under her breath and then pouts so she lifts her head closer to Jack hoping to catch a listen. At the corner of his eye he sees her nudging herself towards him.

A grin appears on his face so taking one of his earbud and places it into to her left ear. Now she is able to have a taste of his musical choice and learn a bit more of him.

"...jazz..."

She said and is surprised by his music; this only makes her want to learn about him. The subway is quite rough and makes plenty of brakes and sharp turns almost knocking Crystal's balance off. So Jake uses his other free hand to hold onto her tight forcing her head is to rest onto his chest until the stop reaches close to his home.