Chapter 12

Sonic's P.O.V.

I woke up at the usual time, Shadow was already there bringing a bag of food for me. I smiled softly and thanked him. Scourge had not stayed the night because he had stuff to do. It had been like that for a while, he would suddenly text me he was going out or that he couldnt make it. I didnt question it because the first time I did, it turned out he was working. Since Scourge was not around that much anymore, Shadow would come more often when he wasnt there. 

"How are you feeling?" He asked calmly and I smiled softly and nodded. 

"My due date is supposed to be tomorrow if it is in 4 weeks, if not then we will have to see how much longer it will take or if it will be born by the 6 weeks." I told him and he slowly nodded. 

"What did Miles tell you about the pup?" He asked me calmly.

"She is perfect health and so am I, but that doesnt really matter, sorry." I apologized knowing he didnt really care about me. 

"Dont apologize, I just want to make sure this goes well." He said and I slowly nodded. "I want the pup to have both parents." He said and I smiled slightly and nodded. 

"Shad...?" I asked and he looked at me and hummed. I dont know what I was saying, the fact that he was so close to me, so sweet, and he was here while I was pregnant with his pup just made me want to tell him how I felt about him. "I-I..." I was going to tell him. "I lo-" I was cut off by the door opening and seeing Scourge there. 

Shit, how could I forget about him? 

"Hey, babe, how are you feeling?" Scourge asked making Shadow roll his eyes. 

"I am leaving." He stood up and left. I sighed and looked at Scourge and smiled happy that he had stopped me. I cant believe I almost told him how I felt, he could never love me. 

Shadow's P.O.V.
"Youve convinced the commander not to give you any missions for the next 3 months because of your pup. What are you going to do in that time? Scourge is going to be with Sonic and the pup more time than you." Rouge said and I glared at her for telling me that. "What? Hun, I am just saying the truth. You need to find someone as well, if you want the pup to be with you more that is. If they get married, Scourge and Sonic will take custody on the little girl and you'll only be allowed certain days unless they agree on letting you see her as much as you want."

"I know! Shut up!" I snapped at her. "They are not going to get married! They JUST started dating! That's stupid! They are moving too fast!"

"Sonic is the fastest hedgehog alive, Handsome, and so are you, that's why you are having a pup together." Rouge said and I looked at her confused. She shrugged. "I just think you went TOO fast to see WHY you actually did what you did. Think about it, Handsome."

I shook my head. "No. There was no reason, I was just DRUNK." I simply said and she shook her head at me.

"You were too fast to realize you actually have feelings for your rival, don't you? And now you are afraid Scourge is going to take away the two people you love." She said. "And Sonic was too dumb to tell you how he felt and why he let you do what you did."

I stayed quiet. What she said was true, I had realize that I had feelings for Sonic but it can't happen. Not anymore, he's with Scourge. "Wait, what did you mean by that? About Sonic."

"He loves you or at least he did. I haven't seen him since he left but I am sure he gave Scourge a chance to forget about you." Rouge explained and I cursed under my breath. I was going to say something else when my phone stopped me.

I answered without checking the caller ID and my heart started beating faster. "COME TO THE HOSPITAL! NOW!" Scourge yelled on the other side of the phone.