Chapter 20

Shadow's POV
"Are you stupid?!" Rouge hit me in the head with the broom stick.

"Hey!" I yelled.

"You could had told him!" Tails yelled at me as well.

"I couldn't! I couldn't tell him the truth!" I snapped back. "Scourge will hurt him and Maria if I do!" I yelled again.

Sonic's P.O.V.
"I couldn't! I couldn't tell him the truth!" I heard Shadow. "Scourge will hurt him and Maria if I do!" I dropped my ears.

I looked down at Maria who was looking at the door. She was too attached to Shadow, more than she is to me. I walked away to my house, a house I now shared with Scourge.

"Scourge!" I called out to him but there was no answer.

"Yes~?" I felt arms wrapped around me as I held Maria. I quickly turned around and pushed Scourge away.

"What happened between you and Shadow?" I asked and he raised a brow. "He said you were going to hurt me." I explained and he lowly growled.

"I didn't want to tell you because I didn't want you to be stressed or anything before the wedding or about Maria but I guess I should. Shadow threatened me." He said and I dropped my ears. "I wanted to believe you about giving him a chance with Maria but I am not sure that's safe."

"Did he have a reason? Did you do anything to him?" I asked knowing how Scourge could be sometimes. He shook his head.

"No, I was just walking back to the house when he stopped me. He even punched me. He said he doesn't want us to get married and that he will hurt both, you and Maria, if I don't watch my back." He explained and I pinned my ears down.

Maria was asleep in my arms. I looked at her then at Scourge. "Don't worry, after we get married, we will take full custody of Maria and keep him away from us. I promise." I said sternly and Scourge nodded then pecked my lips.

"Thank you, I just want you two safe." He said and I nodded.

We had a pretty normal day after that. I just couldn't stop thinking about it.

Did Shadow not hear my warning?

I told him about him changing and how its better for Maria.

He seemed so happy with her.

Why would he do that...?

Did he not even want Maria in his life either?

Or maybe he had another reason...?

Shadow...Why did you do that? I don't want to take her away from you... But...

You give me no choice.

I have to protect her, even if it is from her own father.

*****
A/N: Sorry for the delay and for the chapter being short. Wanted for you guys to know this book is not on a break, I will keep updating just been kind of busy. Thank you for all the loving comments about the book💕
I will try to update faster the next chapter😁