Chapter 26

Shadow's P.O.V.
"Go tell him!" I was upstairs with Rouge and Tails. Rouge slapped me and Tails yelled at me.

"You're stupid! Why didn't you tell him?!" Rouge yelled now.

"Because..." I sighed. "I panicked... He finally said what I wanted to hear but... It was the wrong moment..." I sighed.

"Wrong moment my ass! You're going there and tell him how you feel. You have no idea how long we've been waiting for him to say that to you, and you aren't going to ruin it." Rouge glared at me.

"Wait," Tails stepped in again. "You do still love him, right...?" He asked and I stayed quiet for a while.

Sonic's P.O.V.
I didn't know how to feel, I was already so hurt that I didn't know what to do.

I couldn't cry anymore, I had no more tears left. I was in so much pain, physically and mentally but at least I had Maria with me. No one was going to take her away from me. I am going to make sure she never goes through this pain.

I was holding Maria close to me. I didnt want to let go of her. I looked around, I saw Shadows gun in the corner of the room. I never understood why he ever needed that, he is strong enough to beat anyone without it.

I sighed and petted Maria who was purring and nuzzling my stomach. I smiled softly and purred softly for her. I picked her up more and kissed her forehead. I was nuzzling her until she giggled loudly and yelled loudly. "Moh-m-my~!" I looked at her shocked. I hadn't thought her that, I was for sure Scourge didnt teach her that.

"She learns fast." I looked up as tears roll down my muzzle from how happy that made me. Shadow was standing by the door.

"Y-you thought her that?" I asked him, completely forgetting that he had left when I told him how I felt.

Shadow smiled softly and nodded. He walked to where we were at and sat down beside me again. He petted Maria and smiled softly. He leaned closer and kissed her forehead making her giggle loudly.

"I was trying to teach her how to say some things, along with the fox and Rouge but she was missing you so she immediately learned that when Rouge showed her a picture of you." Shadow said and I nodded smiling softly at it then nuzzled Maria who giggled even louder. "She loves you, a lot."

"Im glad she does. She means everything to me." I said softly as I looked at Maria.

"Sonic..." Shadow called me. I looked at him, he had his ears pinned down, and had an expression as if he was about to tell me bad news.

"Yes...?" I asked with my ears lowered at that.

"About... What you said earlier..." I knew where this was going. I felt my heart into a thousand of thousands of tiny pieces as he said that. His expression made ir clear what he was trying to say.

He didn't feel the same way anymore...

"I-" He started.

***
The next chapter is the last one!