Chapter 19

Shadow's P.O.V.
"Shadow, where is Maria?" Sonic came to the house to pick her up.

"She's in the living room, I brought her crib here since I didn't want to leave her upstairs." I was afraid of Scourge taking her. "Rouge and the others are with her, she's sleeping."

"Okay." He nodded and looked at me. "What are you doing?" He got closer to me.

"Milanesa, everyone is hungry but they didn't want to go out to eat or order something so they made me cook." I simply said.

"You know, before Maria came, you would had punched them all until they faint for even suggesting for you to do something. You're changing. I like this change." He said softly and I lightly blushed.

"Shut up." I quickly said and shook my head as I put the meat in the egg then in the bread crumbs.

"You should put a little bit of lemon pepper on that if you want it to have more taste. Hold up." He looked around and grabbed salt then the bottle of lemon pepper and put it in the bread crumbs mix then mixed it. "There. You need help with anything? I can help with the rice."

"Sure. Thanks. Where's Scourge?" I asked as I put the already prepared meat in the hot oil and waited for it to cook.

"Home, making some calls for the wedding and all." He simply answered and I nodded.

We talked for about an hour while cooking then when he picked up Maria, he walked back to me. I couldn't tell him about Scourge, he was too happy with him. I didn't want to hurt him, and make him think I was just lying to hurt him more. I wasn't even close to him yet and if Scourge were to hear, I didn't want to risk it.

"Scourge and I were talking." Sonic sighed as he carried Maria. She was giggling as she reached for me. I froze once he said that. "He wanted for us to have full custody of Maria and only allow you holidays with her." I dropped my ears.

"Sonic, I want to be-" He cut me off as he kept talking.

"I told Scourge that Maria needs her dad and we agreed that as long as you prove to us that you've changed then everything is okay. Maria loves you, I don't want to take her dad away from her, but I want her to be safe and I know you want that too." He said and I sighed in relief and nodded.

"Thank you..." I rubbed Marias ear as she kept giggling at me. "I promise I changed."

"I know you have. I'll see you tomorrow. I need to get Maria home so she can sleep." He said and I nodded then stopped him.

"Sonic." I called and he hummed. We were already by the door. I wanted to tell him, I wanted to tell him what Scourge was doing but he turned to look at me and he was smiling and the ring he was wearing was shining because of the light. He looked happy. "Scourge..." I was hesitant. I love him.  "Are you...happy with Scourge...?"

He stayed quiet for a bit and he was hesitant. He hesitated but he slowly nodded after a while. "Yes, why?"

"I want you to be happy." I simply said. "I'll see you tomorrow." I leaned in but I didn't kiss him, I kissed Maria's forehead.

"Y-yeah...bye." He left.

I couldn't tell him. Not me.

***
A/N: I've been reading coments and I love the coments everyone leaves for this book😂Makes my day😂 Thank you for reading! I hope y'all are liking the book so far!