Chapter 21

Shadow's P.O.V.
(1 week later)
"Sonic! Open the door! I want to see Maria! It's been a whole week! Come on!" I knocked on the door of his house.

There was no answer for a long while. I was going to chaos control inside when Scourge opened the door. He was holding Maria close to him and smirked at me. "Sonic isn't here right now."

I growled at him and tried to get Maria but he stopped me before I could. "Let me hold my daughter." I growled.

"I warned you Shadow, I told you to keep your mouth shut and you didn't. So sad Maria now has to live without her dad because of that." He smirked and I snapped.

"Stop it!" I growled loudly and dropped my ears when Maria started crying. I reached for her but before I could, I heard Sonic gasp and dashed in front of her.

"Leave." He simply said.

"Sonic. I-" I was cut off.

"Leave! I don't want you near us anymore!" He snapped. He turned and grabbed Maria from Scourge and tried to calm her down. "You aren't allowed to see Maria anymore."

"What?" I asked, my eyes becoming watery at what he said. "Sonic, she is my daughter! You can't do that!"

"Gah~!" I looked at Maria who was trying to reach for me. She was whining since Sonic wouldn't let her close to me.

"Sonic... Please, don't do this..." I had never begged before. I was desperate, I wanted my little girl with me. I knew Scourge will do something to them, hurt Sonic and even cross the line and hurt Maria as well.

Sonic's P.O.V.
"Sonic... Please, don't do this..." The way he said it, the way he was about to break down, the way Maria was trying to reach for him, it made my heart break.

I couldn't take it anymore and I dashed inside with Maria. Scourge stayed outside, said something to Shadow then walked back in. I was crying quietly as I tried to calm down Maria who was crying because Shadow didn't hold her.

"I'm so sorry, baby~ I'm sorry~" I tried to stay calm for her but she kept crying.

"Don't worry babe, Shadow won't bother us anymore." Scourge rubbed my back as he sat beside me. "I'll make sure of that."

(2 days later)

"Open the door!" I had never heard Tails so mad before.

I walked to the door and opened it as I carried Maria. She had been whimpering a lot, I figured it was just because she hadn't seen Shadow around. It hurt me to see her like that but I wanted her safe. I looked at Tails who seemed to be growling.

"What is the matter with you?" He asked, he was mad but he wasnt yelling. I knew he wasn't yelling because he didn't want to scare her.

"What do you mean?" I asked confused.

"Where's Scourge?" He asked and rubbed his temples.

"He's not here. What are you doing here? Why are you so mad?" I asked confused as I rocked Maria in my arms.

"Because you don't let Shadow see his daughter!" He yelled half whispered to not startle Maria. "Maria. Needs. Her. Dad. And Scourge ISN'T IT." He said sternly and I shook my head.

"Maria needs to stay safe and Shadow is dangerous for her." I explained. "He's always fighting with Scourge, he scared Maria, made her cry. Scourge wasn't doing anything to him and he tried to hurt him." I said and Tails snapped.

"You're such an idiot, Sonic!" He yelled. "Scourge is using you!"