Chapter 22

Sonic's P.O.V.
"Scourge is NOT using me!" I yelled back as I covered Marias ears to not make her cry.

"Really? Then-" Tails was cut off as Scourge walked in.

"I am NOT using, Sonic! If you are supposed to be his best friend, then why are you here telling him lies?!" Scourge walked behind me and hugged me from behind then rubbed Marias ears.

"Tails, leave. Please." I said calmly not wanting to be mean to my best friend.

"No, not until you understand that Scourge is not good for you." Tails said and crossed his arms.

"Tails, I am sorry, I know you are Sonics best friend and have history of your friendship but, I am going to have to ask you to leave. Sonic is already stressed and tired from taking care of Maria and the whole wedding. Please, get out of our house." Scourge said calmly.

Tails glared at him then looked at me. "Sonic, I would never lie to you. You shouldn't be with him, you know who you really want to be with. I'm sorry, but you are too slow to understand that you should be with Shadow." With that, he left.

Tails...

Shadow's P.O.V.
"Tails!" I stood up once he walked in the house. "What did he say? You talked to him?"

"I got kicked out. Scourge is good. I don't know what game he is playing but now he saw me telling Sonic. We have to do something now, if it's true that he'll do something to-" He was cut off by Rouge.

"He won't. What he wants first is to have Marias custody. He won't do anything until then. We have to do something for Sonic to understand Scourge isn't right and I got an idea." Rouge said then looked at Tails. "Tails, I'm going to need you to hack Scourges phone and tell me where he is at. Shadow, you are coming with me."

"Wait, what do you have in mind, Rouge?" I asked but she didnt answer. "Rouge!" I stood up and followed her outside of the house.

"You'll see, Hun. Everything will be okay soon." She said and I rolled my eyes. I wanted to know what was going on.

"What are you planning?" I asked again but she shook her head.

"Tonight, Hun. I will need you to stay hidden and follow Scourge after we find out if he is with another girl. We will make Sonic see what his suppossed fiance is doing." Rouge said and I slowly nodded.

I'm sorry Sonic...

But even if I can't be with you, I want to at least have my daughter.

"Alright. I'll do it..." I was hesitant since I didn't want to see Sonic hurt but this is what I have to do, right?

Sonic...

I know you want to protect her...

But you're protecting her from the wrong person. You're a good parent, you're doing what you need to do for her even though it's clear you don't want to. Scourge is putting your friends against you, but you cant think straight anymore because now you have Maria.

You finally let your guard down, Sonic.

This isn't how I wanted things to be.