Chapter 17

Shadow's P.O.V.
"Hun? What's wrong?" Rouge walked up to me and Maria. Maria was already awake and looking up at me.

"They are getting married..." I mumbled as I looked down at my little girl.

"Wait, who?" She asked as she sat beside me and took Maria in her arms. Rouge loved her since the day she was born, she always wanted to be an aunt and by how close we were, she was just as an aunt to Maria.

"Sonic and the green bastard." I said and she sighed. "Her hands are sticky, be careful, she grabbed syrup earlier and I couldnt wash it off properly." I warned Rouge once I saw Maria grab her blouse.

"Don't worry. I can wash it." She said and I slowly nodded. "About them, you can still tell him how you feel." She said and i shook my head.

"I did. He didn't believe me and kicked me out." I explained and she dropped her ears. Maria looked at her and copied her actions as she tilted her head.

"What do you mean?" She asked then looked down at Maria and played with her hands as she giggled cutely at Rouge.

"He started crying and saying to never say that again or I wont be allowed to see Maria again." I explained and she shook her head with a sigh.

"He loves you too. He still has feelings for you. You two are just too stupid. Let me help you, Hun." Rouge said but I shook my head.

"There's nothing to help me with. It's over." I mumbled.

"It can't be over Handsome, something than never started can't be over." She said and I looked at her as she passed me Maria back. Maria giggled cutely at me and nuzzled me. "Look, I'll go talk to Blue. Im tired of you two idiots ruining each others lives. I dont want my poor little girl to suffer because you two are too dumb to realize you love each other." She said sternly and I looked at her shocked by her words. I couldn't say anything else since she had already left.

Sonic's P.O.V.
"Sonic Maurice The Hedgehog!" I heard the door slammed open and I recognized the voice as I dropped my ears.

"Oh no, here it comes." I closed my eyes and gulped as a furious Rouge burst in through the door. "There's a knob. I dont know if you know what that is but that helps you open a door. You TWIST it to open it, it helps you to not BREAK DOWN MY DAMN DOOR!" I yelled, I was more moody than usual but it must had been because I just gave birth.

"Listen here, I will pay to get fix that damn door, heck, ill pay for a house remodeling for all I care but you need to listen to me. Understood?" She said with a growl and her arms crossed. I knew I had to, I did not want to see her pissed off.

"Alright. What is it?" I asked now a bit concerned knowing she must have something serious to say to come in like that.

"I don't care if you're engaged, alright? I know you love Shadow. So why don't you stop your act before it goes too far and you two idiots mess everything up?" She quickly said with a low growl and annoyed tone in her voice.

"W-what? I don't-" I was cut off by her death glare. "I LOVED him, not anymore. Not after what he did." I said, clearly a lie.

"I am going to turn you purple if you don't tell the truth." She kept glaring.

"Fine! I do! But he doesn't love me, he's just here for Maria. That's more than clear. He said he loves me but I know he doesn't, I know he just said that for Maria." I explained and she sighed, an annoyed sigh.

"No! Look, Blue, Shadow has been talking nonstop about you, about how he messed up and how he loves you. Give him a chance, after all, you have a pup." She said and I shook my head with tears in my eyes.

"That's not true. Now stop. Leave." I said and she tried to say something else, I pushed off the fear I had for her and snapped. "LEAVE!" I yelled and she jumped, startled, and gasped.

"Just think about it." She sighed and left.

I was left sobbing while looking at the engagement ring. I took it off and put it in the nightstand then laid back down and covered myself completely.

What do I do...?

I love him...

But...

I'm starting to fall in love with Scourge too...