Chapter 1

It was unlike Jason Nash to forget a filming day. In fact, it was practically unheard of. It was usually David Dobrik to forget the plans he had made before filming a bit or something of the sort.So when David sat on his couch at three in the afternoon, waiting for Jason to show up, not answering any calls or texts. 

To say David was worried was a little bit of an understatement.

"Jason, call me!" David frustratedly said into the voicemail that was probably full of versions of what David had just sent Jason. Soon after the voicemail was sent David got another call but from this time Jason's roommate, Toddy. 

"Dude where the fuck-" David began but was only cut off.

"Man you have to come over, Jason is freaking the fuck out wait holy shit- Jason!" Todd's voice was muffled and quick, followed by a beeping sound signaling the conversation was over. 

David stared at his phone for a second before sighing, grabbing the keys to his car and taking the ten-minute drive to Jason's house. When David pulled up into the house and walked inside, he didn't expect to see various IKEA boxes littered across the floor and Todd standing by the stairs.

"What the fuck?" David let out and Todd looked over to him and pointed upstairs.

"The guest room, I don't know what the fuck to do," Todd said and David sighed, passing Todd the camera, this wasn't a vlogging moment. This seemed every bit as real and as it could be. 

David trudged up the stairs and into a spare guest room where he saw Jason sitting on the floor, building a bedside table. A white queen-sized bed already built, and this confused David even further. The first thought that maybe Jason's mom was coming to stay, but she usually stayed with Wyatt and Charlie, so this didn't make that much sense.

"You okay Jas?" David let out and Jason snapped to look at David before back to the bedside table.

"David I'm fucking busy," Jason said, his voice strained and his eyes like he hadn't gotten a lot of sleep. This concerned David even more.

"Jason, what is going on? I can help" David stated and Jason sighed.

"My daughter is coming," he said and David was confused immediately. Charlie had a bed, and she didn't even live with Jason often enough to have this whole issue. 

"Charlie?" David asked and Jason shook his head.

"Frankie," he said and the news had put David into a state of shock. Jason had another daughter, one that David knew absolutely nothing about.

"How old is she? And why the fuck didn't I know about this?" David asked and Jason sighed.

"Twenty-one and its complicated" Jason began, telling a David a story about how in his mid-twenties, he had a one night stand with a girl he met at a Karaoke bar in London, and he had no idea about the existence of his daughter, Frankie, until her mother died when she was ten years old. Jason had been the contact point and Frankie moved to California.

It was until about Junior Year of high school when Frankie went to boarding school in London, followed by University there as well. She would fly to Boston for about a week during Christmas, and then back to spend time with her mother's side of the family. 

Despite the complication, Jason had told David that Frankie and he were incredibly close, which is why he was so stressed. He wanted everything to be perfect for his daughter. 

David was trying hard to wrap his head around everything, but instead, he sighed, taking a seat next to and beginning to build the desk that Jason had bought.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you. Frankie is different." Jason said softly and David nodded. He wasn't so sure what Jason meant by the fact that Frankie is different, but he took it anyway. 

Was he hurt that Jason hadn't taken the time to even tell David about the fact that he had a daughter almost his age? Yes, a little. But did he get it?

 No, not at all. 

But he wasn't going to judge Jason for his decisions, after all, Jason never judged David for any of his.