Chapter 14

David spent a lot of time figuring out what to do with Frankie for their first official date.

To be honest, he was incredibly nervous about it. He didn't wanna disappoint the girl. She wasn't incredibly high maintenance when it comes to dates and hanging out. In fact, she often liked to do what everyone else wanted to do, and David didn't want their first real date to be something he wanted to do, even though he knows she'd enjoy it.

No, he wanted it to be something that Frankie could enjoy more than anything. He wanted to do something she loved.

He and Natalie sat in his living room, brainstorming of things she absolutely adored.

"So in-n-out, food in general, singing, playing various instruments, art, dancing, and singing again" Natalie readout and David nodded

"What about a cooking class? You could also learn like a few things from that too," Natalie joked, and he threw up his middle finger at her before shaking his head.

"I don't think Frankie enjoys like being taught how to cook," David said, recalling a time when Frankie pushed her dad out of the kitchen when she was making chicken wings.

"Okay, fuck, how about a karaoke bar?" Natalie suggested.

"No, doesn't scream a first date to me."

"Fuck, okay, what about a dance class?" Natalie said, and David looked at her, unsure. Frankie always raves about multiple YouTubers who were also choreographers, but what made David uncertain was his incredible lack of ability to dance. He had two left feet, and his body was so stiff, but then he thought of all the potential vlog content followed by the number of laughs Frankie would have just watching David epically fail at it. It didn't help that Frankie was actually talented at dancing, joining her high school dance team in junior year when she went to boarding school, only quitting when she went to pursue her music career.

"Fuck yeah, why not," David said, and Natalie raised an eyebrow shocked. David didn't dance. Not at their junior year prom, not with Liza, not for anyone. His dancing was literal constant dabs and whips.

"Pass me the phone. I need to message some people," David said, and Natalie tosses her phone to the boy who immediately went to Instagram.

It was an hour later that David successfully got Kyle Hanagami, a longtime YouTube acquaintance, to teach them a combo, it was a lot, considering that David asked if it could be done at six pm. It was noon, but ultimately Kyle agreed and said that they were to meet at Millenium Dance Complex at the agreed time.

"I can't believe this," David mumbled as he laid on his couch, phone above his face as he texted Frankie that he would pick her up a five and to wear clothes she'd like not work out but also work out in. It was hard to explain dance clothes without like giving away that they were gonna dance.

"Dude, neither can I not gonna lie," Natalie said, amused as David groaned. She was excited to see what would happen to this boy and the relationship that would come with Frankie and David. It was so early on, and the boy was willing to do a lot more than he's done for anyone ever.

To David, five pm couldn't have come faster. So now he was dressed in a pair of Nikes and his usual black shirt and sweatpants, unsure about how to dress for such a situation, having never done it before.

David arrived nervous but decided to be a gentleman and walk up to the door, knocking on it before Jason opened it, staring at David.

"Hey," David trailed off, not sure how to talk to Jason when he was about to take his daughter on a date "is Frankie ready?"

Before Jason could answer, they both heard the footsteps of the petite girl.

"Dad, don't be mean! I'll see you later, love you!" She said before kissing Jason on the cheek and pulling David away from him.

"Sorry, he's, just trying to scare you," Frankie said before David pulled open the car door for her, and he rolled his eyes.

"I know that, and honestly, it's kinda working," David complained, and Frankie just laughed and squeezed his arm.

"Aww, Dave," she cooed, and David rolled his eyes at the girl sitting next to him. David then took his time setting up his camera, and Frankie looked at him in suspicion.

"Hey, what's up guys I'm here with Frankie," David said into the camera, and Frankie waved. It wasn't often she was in Davids vlogs, just to avoid speculation, so she was shocked this would potentially make it in.

"And you need to be blindfolded," David stated, and she looked at him, the smile falling from her face.

"Wait what?" She said, and David let out a vlog laugh before nodding his head.

After five minutes of stupid argument, Frankie sat with a bandana tied over her eyes as David drove to the venue. He helped her out of the car, noticing her outfit for the first time. She was dressed in sweatpants and a large t-shirt, and a pair of converse. Was this her dance outfit?

"I fucking hate you," Frankie hissed as David opened the door to the dance studio, Kyle standing there with a smile. Kyle had taken the time to reserve a studio for them, along with making sure all windows into the room were shut, and no one could see. The last thing any of them wanted was people posting this all over social media.

"Okay, ready?" David said and Frankie nodded. "Okay, take off your blindfold" He watched as he stood next to Frankie, her eyes widening as she saw Kyle standing in front of him.

"Oh my god, hi!" She said, moving to hug Kyle as he laughed "wait, I am so confused," she said as she pulled back, looking at David.

"I thought it would be fun if our first date was a dance class," David said, his cheeks tinting pink, and Frankie let out a content sigh before moving towards him, circling her arms around his chest.

"Wait seriously? You hate dancing," Frankie said, and David nodded, circling his arms around her.

"Yeah, but you love dancing, and I wanted this to be something you'd completely enjoy," David said to her, and the smile on Frankies' face grew.

"Oh my god, you're gonna make me cry!" Frankie complained, and David laughed, pulling her into a hug and kissing her on the forehead.

"On that note, let's teach you a combo!" Kyle said, and they both laughed.

Frankie was incredibly excited.

David was incredibly nervous.