Chapter 4

Jason Nash dreaded this conversation.

Granted, it was an optional conversation to have but Frankie had been in California for five full days and of four of those five days, she spent with Zane and Matt who immediately accepted her as the third member of their trio.

Frankie was in Zane's videos, their Instagram stories, Snapchat, even Instagram posts.

Needless to say, Zane and Matt were in love with Frankie in one way or another. And that scared Jason.

Maybe he was being incredibly overprotective of his firstborn, but how could he not be? He didn't want her to get hurt, especially not by someone that could complicate his professional career like Zane or Matt.

But regardless, he did love that slowly, she was being accepted into the vlog squad. She had met everyone except for Corinna, Natalie, and David. Jason was even hesitant to have David and Frankie meet.

Jason wasn't really sure if David was Frankie's type, but almost down to a letter was Frankie David's.

For that reason alone, along with all the other ones pertaining to Matt and Zane, Jason decided that he should make known his stance on his daughter's relationships.

"Guys" Jason let out, everyone hanging around David's living room.

Zane and Matt looked up from their phones at Jason, whilst no one else even bothered to pay attention to the older man standing in the middle of the living room.

"Guys!" Matt yelled out, and Jason was grateful. Matt had always been more considerate than the average vlog squad member, and it didn't help that Matt treated Jason with a little more respect as he got closer and closer to Frankie.

At that point, everyone stopped what they were doing and moved towards the couch and beanbags in the living room.

"I have something really important to say" Jason let out, almost nervous. No one said anything, urging the man to continue.

"As you know, my daughter Frankie is now living with me and she has met almost all of you" Jason let out, his voice shakey and everyone realized that this wasn't a funny bit for the vlog, no this was serious.

"And I just wanna say I am right now, not allowing anyone to date my daughter" Jason finished and Matt let out a slow clap.

"Was that it Jas?" David asked, standing up from the couch and Jason nodded.

"I haven't even met the girl" David added before moving to retrieve his camera.

"And Jason, me, Frankie, and Zane are just a squad no romantic feelings," Matt said, whether that was true or not. Even Matt didn't know. Zane was quick to agree with the statement before looking over to David.

"Dude she's the best person ever, I'm shocked you haven't met her," Zane said and David shrugged, trying to be nonchalant about the whole thing. It was true, David did find it strange that he hadn't met Jason's daughter but he did take the time to look her up on Instagram and YouTube, watching some of her music videos. She was talented, but also real, and also very cute. But David couldn't even ever imagine dating his best friends daughter, regardless of the fact that she was his age.

"Why doesn't she come over tonight? We're throwing a party anyways." David suggested.

"No"

"Yes"

Jason and Zane let out simultaneously before Matt quickly took out his phone to presumably text the girl.

"Okay, she's coming! She said she's excited to party it up with her dad" Matt said before he and Zane broke out in laughs. Jason however just rolled his eyes and smiled, secretly that his daughter did mesh well with his friends.

David however, pushed the feelings of nerves down his chest.

It wasn't often that he was the last member of the group to meet a new upcoming member, in fact, he was usually the one who brought in the new member to meet everyone. This was uncharted territory for him.

He felt nervous for the reason that what if Jason's daughter didn't like him enough to even be friendly with him after all the shit he pulls on her father.

Could that be possible?