5

jacks pov
-vote and comment-

| thursday october 21 3:37 PM |

"here i'll take your bag" i tell her when we start to walk up towards my front door. she looks over at me and laughs a little, like it was an obvious no. she seemed nervous or at least still a little shy to talk to me. all of her answers are short. maybe she just doesn't want to talk to me.

damn that'd be awkward.

me over here trying to start conversation when in reality she doesn't even want to talk.

she's actually a cool ass person so far. i've seen her around school and in class but she's always been so quiet in class. the only time i'd ever see her talking is if she was with nia or chris. i guess she's just really shy, hopefully this project will bring us closer. i really wouldn't mind being closer to her.

"let me see it" i say reaching for it, it actually looked kind of full and heavy. "we're almost at your door." she states making me shrug. "that looks kind of heavy to be carrying up to my room" i explain to her. her eyes go wide for a second, before going back to normal. "your room?" she asks with her eyebrows raised . "yeah i mean unless you don't want to...it's up to you"

"my moms home, if that makes any difference" i add, trying to tell her i'm not going to try to make a move. i don't know her like that, and besides i'm not even like that. "no it's fine, i just didn't think we'd be in your room" she shrugs as she hands me her bag. i was right, it was a little heavy. how does she carry this around all day, she's so small. it was actually kind of cute.

i open up the door and let her go in first before shutting the door behind us. "jack is that you?" i hear my mom ask loudly from the kitchen. cindy looks in the direction of the kitchen with a questionable look, like she was curious. "yeah, mom, it's me" i say. we see the kitchen door swing open to see her in an apron. "hi honey, who's this?" she asks making me want to mentally groan at how she called me honey in front of her. "this is cindy, she's my partner for a project" i explain, hoping she doesn't say or ask anything embarrassing. "i'm katherine, jacks mom. it's nice to meet you" she smiles holding her hand out for cindy to shake. cindy smiles and shakes her hand, her face was slightly reddened. it does that a lot. "did you have to make him do that?" my mom asks with a small laugh as she looks at her bag in my hands.this is it, this is when i should make us leave. it can only get worse from here. "no ma'am, he offered" she smiles at my mom. "such a gentleman" my mom says and proceeds to pinch my cheek making my whole mood and face drop.

and that's it...that's the worse.

"mom" i whisper yell, hoping she'd get the hint. she usually doesn't. cindy lets out a laugh and looks up at me with a smile. she's probably ready to leave, she probably thinks i'm the biggest mommas boy on the planet and i'm a total wuss. i'm not.