6

cindy's pov
-vote and comment-

| monday october 25 10:39 AM |

"i didn't see you at the party this weekend" jack speaks up when we push our desks together. "i didn't go" i sigh. "nia couldn't talk you into one more?" he smiles making me wish she did. i wish she tried to talk me into this one more after i said no. they were right i need to get out more, after all the first time i went out in a while i ran into jack. it had to be a sign. "no, not this one. is there one this weekend?" i ask him, hoping there is. "yeah at johnson's after the game. it's a halloween one, some people are dressing up." he tells me.

"speaking of the game, are you going to come to it? it's a home game" he tells me, looking over at me from across the desks. no i wasn't but now i guess i am. "i was thinking about it" i say and see chris's head turn from behind jack as he smirks at me, vince holds the same face making it hard for me not to laugh. they both know damn well that i wasn't interested in even going until he said something. "i think you should, i mean i'd like to see you there"he says. i immediately feel my face heat up, i'm definitely blushing hard right now. i hope he doesn't notice.

he wasn't to see me at the game??

this has to be a joke

"yeah, i guess i'll try and swing by" i say making him smile. "you know how nia is a cheerleader and all... why aren't you one" he asks me making me laugh. "me?? a cheerleader? have you lost your mind?" i laugh making him furrow his eyebrows. "why not, i mean it makes sense. don't best friends like do everything together, especially girls."

"maybe when i did it in middle school but not now" i laugh again while shaking my head. "why not now, you seem like you'd be one. i'm not calling you bitchy...just like u look like you'd be one"  he shrugs as he looks over me. "i bet you could make the team for this basketball season, they need someone like you" he adds. "i don't know about all that" i wince. how do i look like a cheerleader. i haven't even thought of being one ever since middle school, when i was girly and loved bows and my little pony. now i'm into eating like three bags of chips a day and binge watching my favorite shows on netflix.

"it was just a thought" he says with a smile. "i think you'd be a good one" he adds, shrugging again. "plus you'd be cheering for me" he says making me smile. "there's no i in team" i tease making him chuckle. "but there is a M, E" he tells me with raised eyebrows. "i guess you have a point"

"anyways, i brought you the left over fruit roll ups" he says reaching in his back pack and pulling out the pack of fruit roll ups from last week. "i was going to save them for next time you came over but we can't hang out until wednesday" he says handing me the box. i look in it and see 5 fruit roll ups still in the box making a smile form on my face. it's the little things.

____

"so get this, tre wants me to meet his mom" nia says taking me by surprise. tre is not the type of guy to do that. if he has nobody's ever said anything. "that's big nia" i say with a smile. "i'm just really nervous"

"when do you meet her?" chris asks before taking a bite of his chicken. "the three of us are going out to eat tomorrow night. then i meet his dad when he gets back from his business trip" she explains with a sigh. "this is all so much, you know he's been the first person i want to have a serious relationship with, i think it's time to settle down" she says smiling while i smile with her. "well i'm happy for both of you"

"aw thanks chris"

"hey so i was thinking... when do you have tryouts for the basketball cheer season.." i trail off while looking up at the ceiling. hearing jack say id make a good cheerleader made me want to be one more than anything. the more i thought about him saying i'd be cheering for him and id be good at it, the more i wanted to do it. "more like jack was thinking" chris mutters with a smirk causing me to roll my eyes. "we both were thinking" i correct making nia laugh. "yeah i was about to say, since when did you want to be a cheerleader." nia laughs.

"you really want to be cheering with regina?" he asks causing me to cringe. "anyways, we already had them last month" nia says making me let out an involuntary sigh of relief. to think i almost asked to try out because jack told me i'd be a good cheerleader. i wouldn't even know what to do if i was one, i haven't been one in so long it'd probably feel wrong and weird to even start that part of my life back up again. "there's always college" she shrugs, making me do a fake gag. "i was joking, kinda... okay it was a thought but i'm glad it's not anymore.. that'd be awful. no offense" i tell her making her laugh again. "i cant even see you in the uniform" she says. "maybe they'd make specially designed sweatpants ones" chris teases causing us to laugh. "okay okay okay" i smile, knowing they'll never let me live this awful thought down.

he can't keep putting ideas in my head.

short update!

sorry guys!

keep up the votes and comments though!

i hope you liked this chapter