21

cindy's pov
-vote and comment-

|Thursday november 25, 3:07 PM |

"you look absolutely beautiful" my mom smiles when i walk into the kitchen. i smile and look over her outfit. she thought i looked beautiful, but boy she looked way prettier. "thank you, you look pretty too" i smile at her as she pulls me into a small side hug. "okay people should be showing up soon... you invited jack correct?" she asks me. "yes, i invited his parents as well if that's okay. they didn't have any big plans for today besides watch the game" i tell her. "well good thing everyone here lives for the game" she smiles as she sets red solo cups on the island next to the drinks.

"nia and chris are coming too?" she asks eagerly, my mom was like their second mom. we used to hang out at my house almost every single day after school until chris moved and had a cool game room. his house is now the hang out place. "only nia, chris is all the way in california. his grandma missed him." i laugh, thinking about how much i missed her. she used to always come down and visit but she's getting older now so it's getting harder for her to come all the time. hopefully she can move in with chris soon like he had mentioned a while back.

"at least one of them are coming." she says optimistically wuth a smile. she looks around one more time, seeming stressed making me laugh. "mom, everything's perfect" i reassure her. she always gets really nervous and paranoid when we have get togethers at our house. everything has to be perfect, they always are. it's how it's always been.

before she could reply we hear the door open, followed by a loud sigh. "It's so cold" i hear nia complain. my moms face lights up and she walks over towards her. "hi honey, go sit in front of the fireplace" my mom insists as she embraces her in a hug. "i've missed you" nia says when they pull apart. "i've missed you too, hoe have you been?"

"by the way cindy, i saw jack pull up i don't know if he's like nervous or something but he looked like it." she laughs before looking over at my mom to answer her. "i've been doing good actua-" she starts but i drown out the rest of their conversation and head towards the front door to go greet jack.

"hey" i smile, seeing him get out of his car. "he-"

"wow, you look amazing"

"thank you." i say quickly before his words actually hit me. i don't think i could ever get used to him saying something like that. it's just so surreal it's hard to believe. "feels like it's been forever" he sighs as he shakes his head and pulls me into a tight hug. i hug back with out hesitation, he was insanely warm and smelled just like he did the very first night we ever talked at the party. cologne and peppermint.

"we should get inside, you look freezing" jack says, looking over my outfit again with a small smirk. the smirk made me want to melt.

"i'm going to warn you really quick, my family might bombard you with a ton of questions...you're the first guy i've ever had over" i warn as we reach the front door. "i think i can handle it" he shrugs making me raise my eyebrows. "i hope so" i laugh opening the door.

"you must be jack, i'm veronica." my mom says immediately making us laugh some. "mom can we get inside first" i sigh looking behind me at him. "right, sorry" she winces as he shuts the front door. "yes ma'am" he smiles, walking forward towards her. "i've heard so much about you, i'm glad to finally have met you" she says making my jaw slight drop and my face begins to turn red. i look over at nia who had a small snicker on her face as she tries to hold her laugh in. i bet she's just living for this.

"mom" i mouth as she looks over at me. i refuse to look at jack, i can't even begin to think of what his facial expression is right now. i've only told her maybe three things about him. why did she have to stretch the truth like that. he probably is uncomfortable now and wants to leave.

"it's nice to meet you too. i had to leave early monday or we could have already met" he speaks up. i haven't even told nia about that or anything that happened that day. my attention goes from their conversation over to nia who gasped slightly. "he came over??" she asks lowly. "yes only for like an hour or two though"

"that's big! he's the first guy besides chris to
come over... did you finally lose it?" she asks making me cough some. "we hung out...we did not do that." i cough again.

"cindy, can you head to the store really quick?? i forgot rolls." my mom gasps
before nia could reply. "nia, ill need your help" she adds throwing her head in the direction of the kitchen where they both take off to. "well... would you like to come with me?" i ask, refusing to look at him. "yeah, i'll drive us if you want" he suggests causing us to both head towards the door.

"i've heard so much about you" jack says mimicking my moms voice making me laugh as i look out my window. "that's embarrassing." i groan covering my face. he softly grabs my right wrist and pulls it over to my left so i can face him. i still hold my hands over my face, refusing to let him see me. i'm probably still red...maybe even redder. "that's cute" he implies making my face heat up. he always has to do that... make me blush more than necessary. i wish there was a way to like control of or something, it'd come in handy with how much i blush.

he sighs and slowly pulls my hand down making a smile show up on my face. "seriously, come on. now it's cuter" he smirks making me glare at him. "where to?" he asks me with a smile at my reaction. "walmart, i think it's the only place open"

_____

"so this is the jack your mom told me about" my grandma says looking up at him. "yes ma'am...well at least i hope so" he teases looking over at me. "yes he is" i smile, playfully bumping into him. "i'm just glad to hear she's finally got a boyfriend" my grandma chuckles as she grabs his hand. i let out a cough as my face reddens. "we aren't dating grandma" i laugh nervously. it makes me wonder what this even is. we kissed...once. we haven't kissed in almost a whole week, it's making me doubt that he even remembers it like he said he would.

"oh what a shame, you'd be a lovely couple" she smiles, patting his hand softly while she held onto it with the other. "anyways, it was nice to meet you. i hope to see more of you." she adds. "it was nice to meet you too." he smiles warmly as she embraces him in a hug. he hugs back and i know she's just loving it. how could she not. he gives the best hugs.

"four down, twenty more to go" i estimate as i count down the people he's already met.

mom.

my uncle.

my grandpa

and now my grandma.

i have to say, he's handling it better than i thought he would have. he knows just what to say and he's nice to everyone he's met. everybody loves him.

which is beyond good.

they all want him to come back and hang out again. i figured at least something would go wrong but nothing has. it's all gone perfectly and i couldn't be more thankful.

hi guys

hope you've all had a great day.

keep up the votes and comments!

i love all of the feedback

❤️