35

cindy's pov
-vote and comment-

| wednesday january 5 12:03 PM |

"twenty three!" sam cheers with a mouth full of fries. you almost couldn't make out what he was saying. i laugh at him while shaking my head. "nate this was such a bad idea, what if he ends up choking or something." i reply, still laughing at how many fries he could fit in his mouth. "i just want to know how he's able to fit so much in there." nate presses looking at sammy causing sammy to
glare at him. "just wait until i'm finished with these" sammy mumbles, starting to attempt to chew them. he looked like he was struggling. "im flattered but please don't show me how you're able to sam. you're not really my type..."nate teases him making sammy glare at him again. he was still chewing so all he was able to do was flip him off.

"you're turn" jack whispers teasingly at me while placing his hand on my thigh. my face felt like the color was drained. even though it's a joke i've never really been told something like that before, i don't know how i'm supposed to reply to it. "i was joking" jack reassures quickly after seeing my reaction making me nod. "i know, i just wasn't expecting it is all" i explain, looking back over at sam. chris was dying of laughter, clapping and all. it was hard to take any of this seriously. i can't imagine how we'd all react if he actually started choking.

"there done. now listen here nate. i just like to eat. no need for all the jumping to conclusions you just did." sammy groans looking sternly over at nate. nia sits down in front of me softly. she looked tired. this was the first time i've seen her all day, she didn't show up this morning at our usual meet up spot. "what's wrong?" i ask curiously. there was something going on and it made me feel uneasy. everyone's attention is now focused on nia and she sighs and looks up at the ceiling, almost like she was trying not to cry. "tre broke up with me..." she says lowly making my heart break. chris hits his hand on the table as i place my hand on hers. "are you okay?" i ask "how did this all even go down, you were all over each other at the party friday night..." chris states making her let out a long, tired sigh.

"everything was fine. i just shouldn't have said it. it was all going great then i had to open my mouth." she mumbles. "what'd you say?"chris asks curiously. all the guys didn't know what to do, she was on the verge of tears and looked like a wreck. they all looked clueless and lost. "i just told him how i felt. i said i love you and he like didn't answer he just stayed quiet and i said it again, hoping that maybe just maybe he didn't hear me or wasn't paying attention. turns out he doesn't feel the same way and has been trying to find a way to break up with me." she rants making my heart break again. she liked him so much. we sat outside every thursday morning to watch him practice, she went to every one of his games, she gave him so much love just for him not to feel the same. it's fucked up.

"i'll beat his ass for you, where's he at?" sam groans, standing up from his spot next to her. she shakes her head and grabs his arm to pull him back down. "don't even waste your time, he's not worth it." she tells him. "is there anything we could do?" jack asks, he didn't seem like he knew what to do either. "not beat his ass" she says looking over at sam making them all laugh. "you didn't deserve that to happen to you." sam says taking me and her by surprise. usually sam would joke around and try to be funny but he's being sincere about it. "thank you sam" she smiles warmly, leaning her head on his shoulder in content for a minute before taking it off.

"besides, who needs him? i have you guys to help me through this and i had you guys before him." she smiles, looking mainly at chris and i since nate, johnson, sammy and jack had just recently gotten closer to us. "we sure will try but face it nia, that's like the blind leading the blind. a bad idea." chris states making her laugh. "Who cares" she shrugs. "anyways, i'm going to go get cheese fries. who wants to come?" she sighs, standing up. sammy quickly stands up and nods. "i got you" he says before i could tell her i'd go stand in line with her. "then let's go"

"you're still coming over later right?" i ask jack making nate smirk. he looks from nate and over to me, giving me a nod. "of course" jack smiles, throwing his arm around my shoulder as he pulls me into him. "alright you guys, i'm not even going to lie... you guys are kind of cute together." nate sighs, shaking his head like he couldn't believe the words had just came out of his mouth. "kind of?" i press making him sigh. "okay fine. you guys are cute together or whatever." he says in a mocking tone earning a laugh from jack and i. "someone's upset" i tease him. "aboutttt?" he trails off. "not having a girl" jack shrugs, answering for me. "hey now. i get girls. believe it." nate says correcting both of us. "no like a good one... a girlfriend basically" i rephrase it. his face shows a cringing expression. "no"

"no"

"no, no, no" he answers, shaking he head quickly. "i don't have time for a girlfriend, maybe one day though. i'm just messing around right now" he explains. sometimes the way jacks friends are makes me wonder if he's just messing around right now. i mean i wouldn't like him to be just messing around and i don't think hes even like that i just wonder sometimes. i want this to actually last. i think what we have going on right now is going good, even if i have nothing to compare it to. i don't want anything to go wrong or anything to get messed up while we're just getting started.

new chapter!

it's kind of short and just a filler but it's something

pls keep voting and commenting!!

love all the feed back

❤️