14

jacks pov
-vote and comment-

| sunday, november 7 3:32 PM |

"sorry i'm kind of late" cindy winces when i open up our front door. " no, don't be sorry. you're fine" i smile as i open the door wider to let her in. she was back in her usual attire, sweats. i have no problem with that, i actually like how she doesn't dress up all the time. it shows she's normal instead of like the  rest of the girls who wear the shortest skirts and the sluttiest outfits. "you sure? i tried to tell my mom i had to go, she just wouldn't listen" she laughs as she walks in the house. "yes, the game is only in the second quarter anyways" i tell her, guiding her towards the living room where everyone was.

"there she is, i was thinking you weren't going to make it" my dad smiles, getting up from the couch to embrace her in a hug everyone greets her with a smile or a hey . cindy is by far their favorite girl that's came over, they are always asking about her or talking about her. "hi" she smiles back as she hugs him as well. "you hungry?" he asks her, she replies with a shrug then speaks up.

"just a little" she nods. "i made steak if you like meat, jack why don't you go help her make a plate." my dad says as he pays her shoulder and looks over at me waiting for a reply. "sure thing" i nod my head towards the kitchen doors and start to walk with her following closely behind. "as you can see, my dad loves you" i laugh when we're in the kitchen, away from everyone. all of their conversations were muffled by the door and the wall, making it quieter in here.

"that's good to know, he's really nice so far" she tells me as i grab her a plate. "yeah until you piss him off" i warm her making her laugh then fall quiet for a second. "thank you" she says becoming serious. "for what?" i ask with a small chuckle while i furrow my eyebrows. "the other day... i never really fully thanked you" she explains, her voice cracked half way through making me feel bad. "it really meant a lot to me.." she adds. her eyes were starting to get watery causing me to put down the plate and pull her in for a hug with out hesitation. she hugs back quickly and tightly.

"it was no problem, if you ever need someone to go there don't hesitate to call me. i'll go with you" i tell her as i rub her back. she takes in a deep breath before pulling away on her exhale. she gives me a nod and small smile with it.

"so we have steak... like he had said, and salad and macaroni,-"

"wait did you just call it macaroni?" she cuts me off causing me to nod slowly from how confused i was. "that's so basic. it's mac and cheese" she corrects me making me laugh some. "okay we have mac and cheese" i emphasize before carrying on. "fruit, rolls, green beans.. what would you like?" i ask he while she looks over all the food laying out on the island. "everything" she replies quickly making me laugh. "everyone loves a girl that can eat" i say making her face redden some. "but me" she says before sticking her tongue out and throwing up a peace sign.

"shut up" i say raising my eyebrows making her smile. "anyways do you want it warmed up?" i ask her earning a nod. i put it in the microwave for thirty seconds before i start to make her salad on a separate plate. "i could've made my own plate" she laughs. "and what type of friend would i be" i shrug going back over to the microwave to grab her plate, proceeding to hand it to her.  "thank you" she smiles before grabbing her other plate of salad and starts to walk over to our table.

"what?" she asks smiling. "i'm just looking at you" i laugh as i shrug at her. "okayyy" she trails off as she starts to eat.

we carry on with casual conversation, talking about our days and how everything is going in our lives.

"so how was it?" my dad asks her when we get back into the living room. "yes, it was really good." she smiles taking a seat on the floor. my dad smiles back as i go and take a seat next to her. "i've been trying to reach jack how to make them, he just won't listen" my dad tells her making me throw my head back. "i can't cook" i sigh, telling him what i tell him every time. " i think you should take him up on those lessons" She smiles while nodding as she looks over at me. that made me want to learn how to cook more than anything, i just can't. i actually suck at it. "you know what, i could just teach both of you" my dad tells us. "actually, cindy do you like baking?" my mom asks her. "i've never really tried it out" she laughs softly, sounding like she was becoming nervous. probably, i would too they keep bombarding her with question after question.

"here we could do this, i teach cindy to bake and other easy simple dinners... lunches just stuff like that and david you could teach jack how to make the meat.. that's all he ever wants anyway" my mom laughs. i look over at her and it looked like she was really thinking about it. "i mean, i wouldn't mind learning how to cook..." she chuckles looking back over at me, like she was waiting for me to give it. "fine, if she's learning how to bake i'll learn how to cook"