28

cindy's pov
-vote and comment-

| wednesday december 15 6:31 PM |

"how was nia's?" my mom asked, greeting me as i walk into the house. i furrow my eye brows at her attire. she looked awfully dressed up to be getting back from work. "it was fun, had pizza and gossiped." i shrug, lightly explaining what we did. we gossiped about everybody. although it was mainly her telling me, it still passed time. if chris was there i'd probably still be at nias house. nia knows everybody's business but chris knows any and everybody's business. the two of them together could figure out anything with out breaking a sweat, just with a look you already knew they knew what was going on.

"and her mom? i haven't been seeing her around lately" my mom tells me as she puts one of her earrings in. they usually always run into each other somewhere every week. they catch up and then of course y'all about nia and i, just to check and see who knows what about who. that's how we get caught with anything we try to hide or we only told the others parents, grocery runs.

"she wasn't there... something about a report in LA" i explain what i remembered nia telling me. "oh that's right, she had told me about that." she laughs at herself.

i look over her outfit once again and shake my head, almost barely moving it. i was completely confused as to why she was so dressed up. "what are you so dressed up for?" i ask curiously, before eyeing her black heels. she hasn't worn those in years. i can't even remember the last time she wore them.

"right... about that. we need to talk." she says nervously. i furrow my eyebrows and watch as she takes a seat on the couch, patting the spot next to her. i walk over to her and sit down by her, waiting for her tell me what was going on.

"okay?" i question, starting to become nervous. she places her hand on my knee causing me to look down at it then up to her. "I was actually going to wait until i knew things were going to be serious to tell you, but i'm seeing somebody." she tells me making my heart sink. "he's a great guy, cindy, i promise you'd love him." she goes on making my heart sink even further down than i thought it could.

"oh" is all i could manage to get out. it came out shakily, like my voice was frail and hadn't been used in forever. "it was foolish of me not to tell you, i should have told you sooner. i just figured you would have still been at Nias until later tonight." she explains making me furrow my eyebrows. "so you hide it from me and make sure to do it on a night that you thought i wouldn't 'catch you'" i question.

me and my mom have always been straight forward with each other. ever since my dad passed we made a pact to be honest and come to each other when something new happens so we don't lose the connection we had before. the connection we all had but minus one person. it was unbreakable. that's how i imagined it was, not hiding something like this from me. i would rather it be anything but that.