h o s e o k | o n e

Hoseok was the epitome of extremes, balance simply wasn't in his vocabulary. People noticed that his mood swings weren't normal after he became an adult and could no longer blame hormones from puberty.

They called him "The Sunny Storm," because like the sudden downpour from clear skies, his anger and anxiety were unpredictable and unexpected.

He was a dancer known for his dedication but also for his sudden hiatuses.

During manic episodes he would practice for days on end, uninterested in sleep or food, and dominate competitions. Those episodes often lasted a couple of months, but were always followed by the manic depressive episodes.

During the less desirable swings, Hoseok lost all interest in his passion, slept for days on end, and separated himself from friends and family. He felt worthless for not feeling motivated enough to compete and often contemplated suicide. While those periods lasted only two weeks at most, they were unbelievably damaging to his relationships.

Everyone got tired of his swings eventually, claimed he was too tiring and bringing them down, and he didn't want think they were wrong to abandon him. After a particularly extreme manic depressive episode where he overdosed on his own lithium he was hospitalized and sent to a mental institution by the hospital psychiatrist.

He actually flourished in the facility, the new medication stabilized his swings and he was called Sunshine by both patients and staff, so he was a little sad to be discharged which triggered the manic high he felt sitting in the group therapy room. His closest friend, Jimin, had been discharged at the same time and he was simply ecstatic at the familiar company.

He eagerly shook the sleeping boy when the psychiatrist told him too, smiling through every introduction until the yelling started. His smile dropped when Jimin began to cry and he fought off his growing anger by trying to comfort his sobbing friend. Maybe this wouldn't be as fun as he hoped.

|
I'm in the car for at least three more hours and then fourteen hours tomorrow so I'm going to try and put my boredom to use and at least finish the longer introductions