n a m j o o n | t w o

The day had been particularly rough for Namjoon. Everything seemed to be coated with dust, crooked, or smell bad. It was all dirty. It was all wrong. 

He had been forced to leave a crime scene early because he ran out of his wipes, and his nurse Jisoo wasn't a fan. It wasn't as if she was unprepared, he ran through two large packages. So now as he was sitting in his apartment fiddling with the buttons on his shirt for the millionth time, Jisoo had told him to try something out from the therapy. 

All they had time to learn during the first session was the 5-4-3-2-1 thing, but after seeing Jisoo's annoyed face, he felt inclined to try the coping mechanism out.

"I can see... a crooked picture frame, outdated magazines, a bend in the TV antennae, a smudge on the fridge, and... oh my gosh that is the wrong towel!"

Jisoo had stopped him from getting up to go fix the things and motioned for him to continue. 

"I hear... buzzing... oh my gosh what if I have termites in the wall!"

"That's your phone, Mr. Kim."

"Oh," Namjoon grabbed a wipe before answering his phone somewhat sheepishly, only to be met with an angry detective wondering where he'd gone off too. When Namjoon explained, he got an earful of an exasperated cop calling him ridiculous and he couldn't help but respond rather indignantly, offended at being called a pansy.

After that, Jisoo was praying that her boss learned something effective in the next session.

||

what is up whores? 

i'm just kidding y'all are all lovely and wonderful

i know that this is really short but i wanted to put an update out because this book is getting a lot of attention and i feel bad for being uninspired. 

this chapter is mainly to illustrate that not every coping mechanism helps every person, but it's important for y'all to also know that it doesn't mean that every coping mechanism can't help you. just because one method is ineffective does not rule out others!

anyways, thank you so much for reading, feel free to leave critiques in the comments, don't be hateful to any other readers, i love y'all and please do your part and stay inside, wash your hands, and don't touch your face so that we can all conquer this virus sooner.

hopefully, my next update doesn't take months

bye!