n a m j o o n | o n e

Namjoon was a genius. His intelligence in his field of law enforcement was unparalleled and he was often used to crack the cold cases, but despite his intelligence he was alienated.

He was insensitive and demanding. He couldn't understand emotions not associated with motives for crimes and needed everything a certain way. He was also always right, even when he was wrong. His social ineptitude was bad enough but not why he was merely a consultant. He had been kicked off of the police force after getting his partner shot because he had to adjust a picture frame instead of covering his partner.

He was obsessive and compulsive, boasting 132 phobias and dozens of questionable habits.

He saw a personal psychiatrist but rejected all attempts at medicating his conditions.

It was after he nearly got hit by a car while running across the street to touch a pole that his psychiatrist made him sign up for the intensive outpatient program.

He had been obsessively grooming himself the entire morning, buttoning and unbuttoning his shirt over and over, combing his hair until it laid flat, and shining his shoes until he could see his reflection. He felt unsettled at the thought of having to be in a room with people less clean than him, so before walking out the door he grabbed a large bottle of hand sanitizer and special wipes.

He didn't like the people when he met them, everyone's hair was askew, clothes wrinkled -some even had stains- and they were so irrational. They were always yelling or insulting each other and he spent the first session staring at the analogue clock, willing the hands to move faster.