call back;

"staring won't do shit, hyuck".

there in donghyuck and jaemin's dorm, was a panicking renjun, a nervous donghyuck, and a frustrated jaemin.

donghyuck's fingers, still hovering over the call button, were quivering ever so slightly.

"what if he doesn't even remember giving me the note?".

renjun stood up, a little too quickly if you're observant.

"hyuck's right! we should just go home and-".

"okay first of all, me and hyuck are already home. second, we're calling mark now and that's final", jaemin snatched the phone from donghyuck's hands and pressed the call button.

anxious eyes bore holes into the back of jaemin's head as the blonde waited for mark to pick up.

one ring.

another.

donghyuck sighed, "look, he's not-".

"hello?".

jaemin turned around and gave donghyuck a shit-eating grin.

"hey! mark, right? this is jaemin! donghyuck's dormmate and closest friend".

the blonde earned a pinch in his side from the tan brunette.

"oh really? well, why did you call?".

jaemin struggled to fight off donghyuck from strangling him to death.

"hyuck was being a little pus-", donghyuck managed to grab the phone in time.

"uh, sorry about that. my friend just happens to be a huge asshole", donghyuck glared at jaemin, not forgetting to emphasize the last part.

"ahahah, that's fine", donghyuck had to suppress his inner hoe, fangirling at mark's cute as fuck laugh.

"so..", mark started.

"yeah?..".

"did you call to meet up?"

donghyuck tensed.

he turned to his friends for some sort of answer.

jaemin mouthed something along the lines of 'ask him out, you pussy', if donghyuck could properly read lips.

renjun resorted to sign language and motioned hyuck to end the call.

what the fuck does he choose.

"uh..hello? you still there?".

donghyuck frantically tried to put himself together, "oh! yeah, mark. of course...uh".

"is that a yes to meeting up?", mark just had to chuckle again with that husky voice of his.

donghyuck nodded even though he knew mark couldn't see it.

"mhm".

he could hear shuffling from the other line and a brighter-sounding mark.

"great! i'll pick you up around 8, see you then", he ended the call.

donghyuck just stood there, frozen.

but one thing stood out.

"how does he know where i live?".

-

"this proves i was right, cancel the date now, hyuck.", renjun said all of a sudden during lunch.

jaemin was unfazed but donghyuck looked like he was so willing for the ground to just swallow him whole.

"so what if he knows where me and hyuck live? he's probably seen us around the complex", jaemin hissed.

renjun shook his head.

"i know for a fact that mark lives in with johnny, a senior, and johnny does not live in your dormitory", renjun barked back.

"mark could have friends living there, you shithead".

"like mark would be friends with a bunch of sorority girls".

"why not?".

at this point, jaemin and renjun were head-to-head debating whether mark was entering stalker territory or not.

donghyuck groaned, their banter isn't helping with his indecisiveness one bit.

"you think you know everything, you little pri- oh fuck, he's coming this way, act normal junnie", jaemin whispered as a certain black-haired "demon" (renjun's words) walked over to their table.

donghyuck felt a feeling of dejavu and tensed when mark touched his shoulder.

"hey, hyuck".

donghyuck turned around and cooed on the inside at mark's adorable smile.

"yeah?..", he smiled back.

"we're still on that date later 8, right?", mark asked with hopeful eyes.

"of course we are", damn it hyuck. you just had to give in to the devil's charms, did you?

mark hummed, "great, i was just checking....you know, maybe you would have stood me up", he laughed his assumptions off.

on the sidelines you can see jaemin trying his best to shut renjun up but all the chinese could do was glare.

"well, i'll see you, hyuck", and mark left.

as soon as mark was out of earshot, renjun started complaining and worrying of what will become of donghyuck if mark does turn out to be mina(his ex)'s murderer.

donghyuck sighed and assured renjun he'll be fine.

"i won't let him hurt me, that's for sure".

"damn straight, only i can hurt yo- ow! what the fuck was that for?!", jaemin exclaimed when renjun pinched his side.

"no one can hurt my baby pudu, you hear?", renjun nagged.