trojan horse pt. 2;

okay, so i have nO reason for not updating i was just lazy and writing was never my passion but guys 1k reads are you fcuking serious 🥺

-

jeno had already went back to his apartment when donghyuck carefully made his way up to mark's apartment. his was on the second floor. he was almost an hour late, he was sure mark had already caught on.

so it wasn't a surpise to him when mark's apartment door was slightly ajar and gave off creepy vibes. can you blame him? he's watched too much thriller movies and serial killer documentaries to know that something is definitely wrong with this picture and donghyuck is not out here tryna get himself killed. but for the sake of his safety (and the world's) and for jaemin, he'll go in. even if it scares the fuck out of him.

"mark...?", he calls out as he peeks his head through the door. 

mark isn't here. why isn't mark here???

he slowly enters the premises while making the most minimal sound possible. god, it sounds like he's breaking in. mark's apartment is unsettling. it's so cold and lifeless, (haHa). everything is in it's place, it's almost inhuman.

donghyuck tries to calm down even when his fight or flight response is telling him to bolt out of here and go back home to renjun. screw mark lee, screw getting his ass killed, screw getting mark in jail, screw-

"duckie?", thank god.

mark comes out from the kitchen, donned with a watermelon-patterned apron. it was endearing if you forgot this man was a murderer.

to donghyuck's surprise mark didn't look one bit angry or maybe– maybe it's because mark doesn't look like he felt anything at all.

donghyuck clears his throat to try and avoid the tense atmosphere forming between them.

"i'm sorry i'm late, something–", he refused to look mark in the eyes. this was the same man who killed jaemin. he killed jaemin.

"–something came up", he said with the most stable voice he can muster.

mark shrugged and walked closer to donghyuck at the doorway. donghyuck tried not to flinch but he did anyways albeit ever so slightly.

mark stopped in front in donghyuck, his right hand caressing his cheek. it felt cold.

mark smiled at him, "it's okay, the food is getting cold but i can just reheat it if you like?", donghyuck wanted to believe it wasn't true. wanted to believe that mark did nothing wrong. he wanted to be loved like this.

donghyuck willed himself to look into mark's eyes,

"of course, thank you for all the trouble", mark chuckled and shut the door behind them, gesturing to donghyuck around the living room adjacent to the kitchen.

"make yourself at home".

as soon as mark was out of sight entering the kitchen, walls separating them, donghyuck quickly got to work. he had to find anything, any evidence to pin this on mark or atleast warrant a police investigation.

donghyuck heard mark humming softly from the kitchen. he didn't stop to listen, he checked drawers, cabinets, under the couch? for something, anything. but he couldn't find anything.

he passed by a small door in the corner of the living room but paid no mind to it since it was probably just a bathroom. he headed near mark's bedroom.