late night bird watching;

two weeks earlier;

jaemin woke up in the middle of the night, sweat dripping down his forehead.

he had the same dream again.

jaemin's been having these reoccurring dreams, well, more like nightmares really.

it consisted of only two things: his friends,...and death.

this time it was donghyuck, and jaemin still couldn't shake the figure of his killer out of his mind.

mark killed donghyuck in his dream. and there is no way in hell he would let him.

so that's what jaemin's doing at 3 am, in front of mark's apartment complex. yes, he did ask rowdy college seniors where mark lived. he'd thank johnny, mark's closest friend.

but what is he planning on doing, you ask? to be honest, jaemin doesn't even have a fool-proof plan. he just wanted to find some evidence, anything really, just to put mark in jail and end his constant worrying over donghyuck.

he was about to enter the complex, when he saw a familiar face exited the premises.

it was mark.

mark noticed jaemin immediately and put up a front.

"hey, jaemin. what are you doing out here so early?",

jaemin clicked his tongue, "i should ask the you the same thing".

mark took his hands out of the pockets of his hoodie and showed movie tickets.

"a movie? at this ungodly hour?", jaemin was puzzled.

mark sighed, "believe me, i've woken up earlier than this thought that's none of your business, and you haven't answered my question", mark looked jaemin in the eye.

"what are you doing here?".

jaemin gulped a bit, "w-well actually i was uh...", he looked around for some shit excuse, "oh! bird watching!  yeah, i was going to watch you know...birds",

mark scoffed, "yeah, no shit sherlock. why are you "bird watching" in front of my apartment complex? i bet there are more birds at the park",

jaemin scratched his neck, "theres a rare...bird and it could only be found around here so...",

mark nodded his head, but was doubting everything that came out of jaemin's mouth.

jaemin suddenly found the ground to be very interesting as he was staring at it so intently.

"do you wanna come inside? i could always reschedule watching this movie. people said it was a bad one anyways",

jaemin froze, this was his chance to get into mark's apartment.

"look, i'll be frank, i'm doing this because it's cold as fuck out here and you're not even wearing a jacket. plus donghyuck would kill me if he heard that i just left you to die out here freezing", mark explained briefly.

"sure", jaemin nodded as mark turned around to show him the way.

he knew he was entering the lion's den but didn't care as long as the creeper in front of him was put behind bars.

jaemin sighed as he basked in the suprising warmth of mark's apartment.

"feel free to sit on the couch, i'll just grab something really quick", mark said while taking off his hoodie to reveal a white shirt.

jaemin heard his footsteps grow fainter, he was in another room.

this gave jaemin time to snoop around. but, things felt oddly convenient.

he shrugged the feeling off and continued looking through drawers and other places that could store hidden evidence.

eventually jaemin found... nothing. he took a step back and sighed. this bastard hides things better than he thought.

there was one place he didn't want to check though. in the corner of the living room, was a small room that looked like a broom closet or even a toilet. jaemin didn't pay much mind to it but he got curious.

he checked behind him if mark was there yet or not. he wasn't around so jaemin decided to take a small peek through mark's secret door.

he stepped closer until he can smell a faint waft of febreze and clorox. that's normal for a toilet or closet, right?

he put one hand on the doorknob and opened it quietly as to not make noise and call mark's attention.

he looked and received a shock of a lifetime.

it was...

"the missing piece to mina's decapitated embalmed corpse? looks like you hit jackpot", jaemin had another mini heart attack at the one voice he didn't want to hear.

he turned around to see mark holding a baseball bat.

"m-mark what are you d-doing", jaemin let out pathetically.

"she's beautiful isn't she?", mark chuckled as he took steps closer, jaemin taking steps backwards.

mark sighed, "jaemin, you and i both know i didn't let you in because of fucking good-natured hospitality",

jaemin felt sweat trickle down his neck and forehead.

"it's a shame you had to see that", mark indicated mina's decapitated head.

jaemin trembled, "fuck... you",

he tried to escape but was immediately hit hard in the neck with mark's baseball bat.

"it takes two to tango, but i prefer to go solo", mark stood above jaemin as he peered at his shocked expression. not the best way to die.

he dragged jaemin's lifeless body, and the rest is history.

-