sheep's clothing;

it's been two weeks since jaemin's death and not a day passed by where it didn't haunt donghyuck.

he's been feeling sick to his stomach and thinking about their last argument wasn't helping it out at all.

"hyuck, i was thinking about going outside to buy some icecream. do you want some?", renjun's mom was kind enough to let donghyuck stay at their house since he barely ate at all and got sick a week in after jaemin's death.

donghyuck rolled on his bed to face renjun.

"vanilla please".

renjun nodded curtly and left the room.

donghyuck was then again, left with his thoughts which, most of the time, wasn't good.

he thought about how mad he wanted to be at himself for trusting someone like mark. ok, so they aren't too sure if mark was actually the killer but they had no other lead.

of course, donghyuck canceled the date. um, because no one's their best self when someone dear to their heart dies?

speaking of mark, he tried texting him and calling him so donghyuck assumed he knew about jaemin passing away. i mean, he had to, he's the one who had to be jaemin's murderer. 

turns out he was as left in the dark as anyone else was.

which was a load of crap.

hell, they even hesitated to tell jaemin's parents, let alone renjun's so right now the only excuse renjun gave out to his mom was that donghyuck was heavily depressed and needed company, which she ate up.

jaemin's parents though, is a whole other story. they were so adamant to know about jaemin's whereabouts. renjun was cracking under pressure that he almost gave in and told them but was reminded by a text sent to him saying:

unknown: i'm watching your every move, so don't pull any of that bullshit on me or i will kill you in your sleep.

jaemin's parents were so furious with renjun's reply.

"i'm sorry, i-i don't know where your son is-",

"bullshit!", jaemin's mom exclaimed.

"hyuck?", donghyuck's thoughts were interrupted by renjun's soft voice.

"hm..", was all he gave in response.

renjun handed donghyuck a plastic bag with a small tub of cookies and cream icecream.

"i know it's not what you wanted- but um... that's all they had- so..", renjun sat by the edge of donghyuck's bed, looking down.

donghyuck smiled, "taking time out of your day just to get me icecream is enough for me, so thank you".

renjun sighed, "well, that's good".

before donghyuck spoke up, renjun chimed in, "hyuck, theres something i need to talk to you about".

donghyuck, obviously surprised said, "i-..well, okay".

renjun leaned in closer, "alone. come with me".

donghyuck furrowed his eyebrows, "junnie, you're scaring me. what's wrong?",

"it's something important, come on", he grabbed donghyuck's arm and dragged him to the broom closet making sure to lock it in the process.

"renjun, the fuck is going on?",

renjun exhaled sharply and took a deep breath.

"we need to expose mark".

donghyuck couldn't believe what his bestfriend was saying, "i-i don't understand, how do we-",

"i've looked into it, and if we do this all correctly and hope to some god out there that mark is a fucking idiot, we can pull this off and put mark's sleazy ass in jail", renjun talked as if he found the fucking answers to the entire universe.

"wait, this is all moving so fast. i haven't even gotten over jaemin's death yet!",

"you want what's good for him, yeah?",

donghyuck scoffed, "what the fuck are you saying, of course i do!",

renjun took donghyuck's fragile hands into his own, " then help me with this",

donghyuck took small breaths, "o-ok, what do we do?",

renjun let go of his hands, "there's only one thing he wants",

"and that's you".

-

renjun found out ever since he was confronted by jaemin's parents that mark, or the "unknown number", can see him wherever there was a window or in a public place.

he also found out that mark can hear him through his phone.

so here he was now, in the broom closet with donghyuck, his phone left on the kitchen island even before he went up to donghyuck's room to drag him into the broom closet. so mark couldn't have known they were conspiring against him.

"all you have to do, is play dumb, get into his house, find some sort of evidence, send it to me so we have backup, then we'll send it to the cops", renjun barfed a whole shitton of words that donghyuck didn't pick up most of.

"w-what if i get caught? what if mark does something b-bad to me- o-or-..",

"shh, shh, shh, hyuckie no, nothing is going to happen to you as long as we stick to the plan", renjun reassured him, placing him hands on both sides of donghyuck's cheeks.

donghyuck calmed down so renjun picked up on where he left off, "so that i can record everything that's happening, you just have to have your phone with you at all times. i just have to do what mark did on mine".

renjun caressed donghyuck's trembling fingers, "we start with what's most obvious", donghyuck continues to look down.

"you have to be invited into mark's home",

donghyuck lets go of renjun's hands and places them around his body as a form of comfort.

"and how do you expect me to do that?",

"you call him, ask for a date as a consolation for canceling the last one", renjun explained.

donghyuck pushed past renjun to exit the suffocating broom closet.

"w-wait! hyuck, where are you-", renjun panicked, thinking donghyuck was upset.

donghyuck cut him off, "i'm going to call mark", he said, determination in his eyes.

"i'll get back at that fucker for what he's done to jaemin, that's what he would've wanted".

-