uncomfortably comfortable date;

they arrived at the burger joint, to renjun's relief. you can't blame him for thinking mark was going to straight up kidnap hyuck.

the date itself was simple, mark offered to order for donghyuck and the latter was tasked to find seats.

finding seats was a piece of cake until donghyuck bumped into a certain someone's chest when he turned around to find another seat.

"ow! you know with that level of clumsiness, i'm surprised mark decided to ask you out", and of course, it had to be jaemin.

donghyuck eyes widened and immediately pushed them towards one of the booths to avoid mark seeing them.

"you guys can't just waltz in here like that!", the brunette whisper screamed.

"oh, i'm sorry. i didn't know mark owned the place", jaemin said sarcastically, rolling his eyes.

"what if mark sees you guys-"

"ok first of all", renjun cut him off, "so what if mark sees us? me and jaemin just wanted to get a burger".

"oh, so you just happened to crave burgers from the joint me and mark went to, yeah he'll believe that".

pointless banter was thrown back and forth until renjun almost let out all his pent up anger, "he's a fucking murdere-"

"um...what's going on here?".

shit.

the three turned their heads towards the owner of the  voice and all three paled like deers caught in the headlights.

donghyuck was the first to break the ice and cleared his throat, "uh..so, mark", he started, unable to think of a valid explanation.

jaemin saved hyuck from mark's confused expression and stood up from the booth.

"me and renjun were actually planning on going out as well", he signaled to the panicky chinese, "didn't expect to bump into you two here".

donghyuck let out a sigh of relief when he saw mark's face lit up.

"well, this place is pretty popular. it'd make sense if you chose to eat here".

jaemin took renjun's hand and led him out the booth.

"looks like we're disturbing your date, so we'll be on our way", he smiled but to donghyuck it looked super fake.

"oh, okay. have fun", mark bid them goodbye and sat down when they left the joint.

"so we're not eating burgers?", renjun whispered.

"there's plenty of other restaurants here, we'll wait until they finish eating there".

-

mark and donghyuck started eating but the atmosphere was tense.

donghyuck tried to laugh off the situation before, "jaemin is really somethi-",

"do you guys take me for an airhead?".

donghyuck choked on his burger at mark's random question.

"what do you mean?", he asked, dumbfounded.

"come on, don't act dumb", mark spat, frustration evident.

"those two...jay rin and what's his name, are following us-", he glared at the nervous brunette, "-aren't they?".

donghyuck just laughed at mark's perplexed expression, "okay mark, i think you should lay off the crazy juice for now".

"their names are jaemin and renjun, just so you know".

mark groaned, "the fuck do i care what their names are..", he mumbled, fortunately for him donghyuck didn't hear that.

the two quickly wrapped up at the joint and entered mark's car.

"so..where are we headed next?", donghyuck's curiosity getting the best of him, out of worry that mark was catching on and decided to actually bring him to the middle of nowhere.

it took every bone in mark's body for him not to say 'an abandoned warehouse'.

"there's a park nearby, we could chill there".

-

"fuck! jaemin you fucking twat, you were supposed to keep watch over mark's creepy ass car!", renjun glared at jaemin who just shrugged.

"hyuck sent me a text saying mark's just taking him to the park", he said nonchalantly.

"you're so full of shit, what if mark doesn't actually take him to the park?", the chinese said in disbelief at how calm the blonde could be right now.

"calm your tits, i can just track donghyuck's phone, easy".

"mark could just-",

jaemin stood up from his chair and grabbed his things, "okay i've had enough of your whining, let's just fucking go".

they get into jaemin's car and drive to the aforementioned park, where mark was going to take donghyuck.

-

is mark actually going to bring hyuck to the park? 👀