trojan horse pt.1;

immediately after the talk with renjun, donghyuck rushed over to renjun's room where he left his phone perched on the nightstand.

he stilled his shaking fingers and picked up the phone gently, making sure that if mark was indeed watching him from the window (or maybe its just renjun's paranoia), that he wouldn't come off as someone with intent to hunt him down.

renjun, still paranoid, thought it was best if he didn't follow donghyuck. for fear that mark might find out they were plotting against him. he stayed in the broom closet but it was getting stuffy so he made his way out and straight to the bathroom to hurl his guts out.

donghyuck sat down on renjun's bed and took a breath shakily. fingers hovering the call button. he pressed call and soon it was ringing. donghyuck pressed the cold metal against his ear.

"hello? hyuck?", mark's husky voice still sent shivers down his spine but for the wrong reasons.

"h-hey mark...", donghyuck wish he could stop himself from stuttering. but it might work out in his favor since he usually stutters in front of mark. mark wouldn't sense that he was scared or anything, he'd think his cute donghyuckie was just flustered.

donghyuck could hear shuffling from the other line.

"why did you call, duckie?", donghyuck went speechless for a second at the pet name. if this were any other situation he would be a blushing mess. feeling butterflies in stomach. but that doesn't change the situation they're in now, donghyuck has to push away his feelings.

"i'm sorry i had to cancel our date so soon", he started.

"no- no hyuck its okay! i'm fine as long as you're fine".

donghyuck hoped and wanted so bad for this man to not be the person they thought he was. he was perfect. the perfect boyfriend donghyuck wished for.

then again, this could all just be another one of his many façades. donghyuck will not be fooled twice.

"that's sweet of you but..", he dragged on.

"but..?",

"i want a proper date, are you still cooking for me?", donghyuck added a little more lilt in his voice to make it sound like he was being playful.

"oh, you want to come here? i'm in the middle of deep cleaning so it might be take a while till we can set our da-",

"you don't want to see me?", now he was starting to use his charm. if mark could see through the window, he would see donghyuck pouting. he was putting on a show for him.

"what- no, no, no duckie it's not like that- tell you what, i'll hold off cleaning and we can have our little dinner date. how does that sound?", donghyuck grinned, not because he was looking forward to the date, but because mark believed him.

"sounds great, markie".

-

donghyuck told mark that he didn't have to pick him up and that donghyuck would just make his way to mark's complex. to which the latter immediately rejected and offered to pick him up.

"well i'm already at the bus station so send me the address already, you dork", donghyuck chuckled. and for a short while, he let himself believe this was all just a normal date. that he wasn't going undercover. that mark didn't just murder jaemin two weeks ago.

the thought of jaemin made him want to turn back and vomit all over again.

he could hear mark's frustrated sigh from the other line.